We are Virgin Galactic, on track to be the world's first commercial spaceline. We are working hard to make access to space more affordable, frequent, and safer than ever before. We are also having a lot of fun while doing so!
London, United Kingdom
27 May 2014
Opportunity has expired
Salary dependent on skills and experience.
Astronaut Insights Manager
CRM superstar required to support the management of a unique and amazing community of Future Astronauts.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
Salary dependent on skills and experience.
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
This person will be the ‘ground control’ for the Astronaut Relations team and the eyes and ears of the Future Astronaut community. They will be primarily responsible for managing the customer relationship management (CRM) systems and processes, as well as managing the communications strategy to our c.700 Future Astronauts. In doing so, they will develop a deep knowledge of who our Future Astronauts are, and support initiatives to ensure that we continue to meet and exceed their expectations and motivations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Responsible for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and processes, to evolve and develop the organization of data as our Future Astronaut community grows.
- Work with colleagues in the Sales team to identify and implement improvements to Salesforce, the CRM system we use and will use for the end-to-end customer journey.
- Take ownership of the data in Salesforce for existing customers. Ensure that it is used as a CRM system not just a data capture system.
- Work with Salesforce partners to introduce enhancements to the system within budget.
- Develop strategies to gather further quantitative and qualitative data on customers, and work with the team to roll out these plans.
- Ensure this data is captured in Salesforce in a useful and logical format that allows for accurate and effective understanding of our customers.
- Support with the development of plans to transition Future Astronauts through the pre-flight processes. Ensure that the CRM elements of this are scoped, mapped out and implemented so to ensure a world class end-to-end customer journey.
Develop and implement a communications strategy to customers that understands and responds to individual Future Astronaut’s interests and preferences
- Work with the team to develop a communications strategy that has a back end / front end delivery which makes it engaging and scalable.
- Develop communications plans that recognise differing preferences across the community for frequency, level of detail and diversity of project information. This must also reflect that our customers are busy people with competing priorities.
- Identify the best available email tool for integration with Salesforce, and work with preferred supplier to project manage the implementation and roll out of this new mailing tool.
- Identify topics and objectives for communications, and gather project information accordingly.
- Work with the teams to develop insightful and engaging copy for communications and manage the development of this into professional format for distribution to the community.
- Research and implement engaging and interactive channels to deliver communications strategy.
- Manage the distribution of communications to customers dependent on preferences.
- Analyse statistics such as email open rates to understand customer engagement and make recommendations for how to continuously improve bespoke communications to the community.
Be the ‘eyes and ears’ of the Future Astronaut community.
- Analyse the information gathered on customers to develop in depth insights into the customer community, related to their demographics as well as their motivations and preferences.
- Use input and output from CRM system and communications strategy to continually deepen and evolve these insights.
- Be the ‘go to’ person for data and knowledge of the Future Astronaut community.
- Support with media and other external / internal requests for information about the customer community whilst protecting the privacy and integrity of our Future Astronauts.
- We are a small team, so a ‘muck in’ attitude is required, and at times you will need to support with the Astronaut Relations activities and Future Astronaut engagements.
- Strong experience of CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.
- Demonstrable experience of running a CRM strategy. That is, an ability to identify requirements, develop a strategy and manage the implementation through to successful completion.
- Demonstrable experience of developing a communications plan based on CRM data and managing the implementation and ongoing evolvement of this.
- Proactive and intuitive individual. Able to work independently and move projects along with confidence, managing road blocks along the way.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Although this role is not directly customer facing, it will involve interaction with Future Astronauts through the role and at wider events.
- The right candidate must therefore be confident, professional, courteous and friendly, and comfortable to interact naturally with a diverse group of people from all over the world.
- Excellent team player and happy to support on all aspects for the good of the team.
- Good fun and an enthusiasm for life essential!
- Able to learn quickly and grasp the project and operational details.
- Creative and sociable individual with a good eye for detail
- Good time management skills.
- Flexible with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with ‘emergency’ situations in a quick and efficient manner.
- Goes without saying, a very strong command of Microsoft Office and general office tools.
Send your CV and a Covering Letter (which highlights your skills and suitability for the position), to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put 'Astronaut Insights Manager Application' in the subject line of the email.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.