Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
VSO is the world's leading international development charity that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Mission - VSO brings people together to fight poverty. VSO is different from most organisations that fight poverty. Instead of sending money or food, we bring people together to share skills and knowledge. In doing so, we create lasting change.
15 Aug 2013
Opportunity has expired
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialists
Use your skills to develop systems in developing countries.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
When developing new programmes and projects, it’s important our overseas partners are able to measure the success of their work and make it better. We’re looking for a variety of professionals with experience of monitoring and evaluating projects, processes and strategic programmes, to work in various countries including Rwanda, Uganda and Papua New Guinea.
Roles are generally longer term, ranging from one to two years, but we also have occasional short-term assignments for up to six months.
What does the role involve
We are looking for people to:
- Contribute to developing appropriate tools needed for data collection and data analysis.
- Support the M&E manager and Programme Managers to gather learning that would be used when writing reports for donors.
- Develop Logical Framework Approach (LFA) and use it to develop indicators of any project intervention.
- Develop key documents including a comprehensive M&E implementation plan
- Provide technical support for pre and post surveys in camp settings, especially for livelihoods and conflict/peace building interventions.
- Develop databases and data analysis; a format and plan for data collection with indicators; checklist of what can be measured; identifying and documenting lessons leant.
- Assist in preparing quarterly or annual project progress and impact assessment reports
Skills, qualifications and experience required
You will have a relevant degree in business, plus 3 or 4 years experience in M&E. For example management and finance, programme planning work, staff development skills, data analysis and reporting and development of M&E frameworks.
And the rest....
We’ll ask you to commit to 12-24 months to make a sustainable contribution to our development goals. In return, we’ll provide you with extensive training before your placement and our financial package includes a local salary, return flights, accommodation and insurance. When you return to your home country, we'll help you to resettle and many of our returned volunteers stay involved with us long after their placement ends.
Find out more
Come along to one of out Meet VSO events to hear previous volunteers' stories, get an overview of the application, placement and resettlement process and have an opportunity to ask any questions you might have. See dates, locations and register for the events here http://www.vso.org.uk/events/meet-vso
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.