Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
VSO is the world's leading international development charity that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Mission - VSO brings people together to fight poverty. VSO is different from most organisations that fight poverty. Instead of sending money or food, we bring people together to share skills and knowledge. In doing so, we create lasting change.
26 Jul 2013
Opportunity has expired
Business Planning Adviser (Agriculture)
VSO is aiming to work with GBK to build knowledge on business planning with existing cooperatives in model villages to maximization the land of resource poor farmers for improvement of the marginalized peoples livelihoods.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
To build the capacity of youths and cooperatives in a sustainable business model, through:
- Support to build the capacity of the staff and youths in business planning
- Support to develop a model in applying appropriate technical knowledge and make linkage with financial institutions.
- Assist staff to build their capacity in developing linkage with service providing organization, private sectors and other stakeholders
- Provide support in best practice documentation.
- Provide support sound knowledge on research methodology
- Degree (Bachelor or Masters level) in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Marketing.
- Substantial experience in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Marketing or Business Management/Marketing.
- Conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrable ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically to improve programme quality.
- Having development experience in South Asia context.
- Knowledge on women rights issues, gender development, social protection and climate change.
- Management experience including project management, business development planning and/or strategic management planning
- Experience in rural village development and community group development
This is a short term, three month placement based at GBK. They are a local organization and the placement is working with the community where the organization situated In return, we’ll give you comprehensive financial, personal and professional support. Where we’ll provide you with extensive training before your placement, and our financial package includes a local living allowance, return flights, accommodation, insurance and more. When you return to your home country, we'll support you to resettle.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.