Walk Free is a new movement of people everywhere working together to end one of the world's greatest evils: Modern slavery.
21 Aug 2013
Opportunity has expired
TBC - Competitive
Senior Manager Innovation
An exciting new position in the anti-slavery space.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
TBC - Competitive
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Due to expansion we are seeking a qualified professional to join our team as Senior Manager Innovation. Reporting to the Director Fund Design and Innovation, this is an exciting new position in the anti-slavery space. It will harness new technologies to better measure slavery prevalence rates and counter slavery, and look for wider non-tech based scalable innovations to combat slavery.
- Responsible for identifying and developing both tech and non-tech innovations that will contribute towards eradicating slavery.
- Identify and develop technologies that can be used to better measure slavery prevalence rates and apply them to the measurement of slavery prevalence rates.
- Assume lead responsibility for managing technology platforms currently under development, including geo-spatial imagery.
- Identify and develop technologies that can be used to prevent people falling into slavery (for example, by facilitating safer migration) at low cost and on a mass scale. Identify and work with partner ICT companies and organisations to develop these tools.
- Maintain oversight of the latest trends in ICT-facilitated trafficking techniques.
- Work with partners to develop tools to counter these efforts.
- Ensure all tools developed maintain the utmost safety for users.
- Maintain a watching brief monitoring non-tech innovations in the anti-slavery space, with an eye on innovative interventions that can be scaled.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years work experience with a demonstrated track record of innovation and original thinking.
- A deep understanding of anti-slavery interventions and issues, ideally in a developing country context.
- Excellent understanding of ICT user privacy and security vulnerabilities.
- Excellent ICT skills and knowledge, with basic programming skills preferred.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to frugally and responsibly manage an expanding innovation budget.
- Extensive connections in the technology/anti-slavey space and the broader ICT industry.
- Familiarity using data visualisation tools.
- Desirable: experience in quantitative research methods.
- Desirable: familiarity working in developing country contexts.
- Desirable: language skills.
- Degree or experience in computing-related field.
- University or college study of human slavery/trafficking.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.