Recruitment and selection of management, staff and interns for employers in Africa.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
1 Nov 2012
Opportunity has expired
USD 2.500 net
Operations Manager Energy Solutions
Ready for the second or third step in your career and looking for an African challenge?
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
USD 2.500 net
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Vacancy: Operations Manager Energy Solutions
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Branche: Energy / Electro technical
Type: Full time
Contract: 24 months with possible extension
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative, ambitious renewable energy solutions provider in Tanzania. You will be a leader capable of running a fast growing business with excellent management and people skills and experience of running commercial operations in Africa.
Reporting to: Board of Directors
The company we are recruiting for is a young 5 year’s in Tz and dynamic company with the aim to be Tanzania’s supplier of choice in renewable energy solutions, from wholesale of quality products to turn key renewable energy projects. And expansion plans for other S-E African countries Quality, reliability, service and cost efficiency for our customers are at the core of the company. They have a wide base of customers varying from renewable energy installers, to institutions and lodges.
Mission for this post
You will run the day to day operations in Tanzania anddevelopexecute the business plan of the company in cooperation with the Board of directors. You will be responsible for leading a strong, high performing team with superior talent at every level, which reaches its targets, meets all reporting deadlines and operates within budget.
Objectives for this post for first 12 months
- Build out the wholesale and installations departments of the company.
- Co-develop and implement the companies’ quality policy and operational procedures.
- As necessary, recruit and lead a team of A-player staff
- Ensure that all financial and narrative reports are submitted internally and externally on time, in the correct format and to a high standard
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the Company will be developed and operated in line with the strategy and objectives described in its Business Plan.
- Maintaining and realizing the sales targets set-up for the short- and medium term
- Frequently monitoring the effectiveness of marketing strategies on basis of feedback gained from dealers, customers, market sales, trends, etc.
- Monitoring the expenditures of the Company, to be taken place within the approved budgets
- Providing monthly and quarterly updates / reports to the Board of Directors and/or shareholders
- Ensure the organization is complying with all legal requirements
1. As necessary, recruit A-player staff and interns.
2. Supervise the performance of team staff through agreeing staff development plans and setting performance targets, regularly reviewing both with staff.
3. Implement strong Human Resources management system, dealing quickly, firmly and fairly with all HR issues.
- Business planning and commercial skills
- Substantial leadership / staff management skills (recruiting, developing, performance managing teams, motivating staff) or proof of doing so
- Experience with finance (prepare budgets and to monitor expenditure against budgets)
- Strong communication skills, including representing the Tanzania team at meetings and conferences and writing regular, comprehensive reports
- Able to take decisions, take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the decisions made
- Computer literacy (project planning, spreadsheets, word processing, email/internet)
- Educated to degree level, preferably with management training
- Experience of leading successful commercial enterprises and teams in Africa
- Experience of managing human and financial resources that demonstrates ability to set objectives, monitor and evaluate progress and outcomes
- Project Management / Process improvement experience
- Financial administration
- Preferably Electro technical knowledge / experience
- Commitment to renewable energy and building commercial value
- Participative and collaborative working approach
- Self-starting, passionate, trustworthy, dependable and decisive leader who communicates effectively and consistently works efficiently to high standards
- Willing to travel throughout Tanzania
- Speaking Swahili is a huge advantage
Terms and conditions
- Nett salary: USD 2500
- Notice period: one month within probationary period, three month thereafter.
- Annual leave: 25 days
- The employee will have a contract of employment containing more details of the terms and conditions relating to the post.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.