Recruitment and selection of management, staff and interns for employers in Africa.
Gordon's Bay, South Africa
18 Nov 2012
Opportunity has expired
Assistant Lodge Manager - South Africa
Cool opportunity to gain hospitality experience in South Africa!
Gordon's Bay, South Africa
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Vacancy: Assistant Lodge Manager
Location: Gordon’s Bay, SouthAfrica
Type: Full time
Contract: 3-4 month contract
Situatedabove the seaside town of Gordon's Bay on a spacious 4 hectare stretch offynbos, residents at this lodge can enjoy unspoilt natural surroundings whilestaying close to all amenities.
Thelodge is comfortably close to shopping centers, restaurants, and cultural centers,but it is the breathtaking natural surroundings that will charm every visitor.
Thisis the ideal place to stay for a longer period as there is so much to explorein the area: discover the Wine lands, Hermanus, Franschoek, the Overberg... And so much more!
A number of facts
- Family run business by a couple with two children from the age 10 and 12. They do all management and customer contact activities themselves. For cleaning and maintenance activities they hire 4 people.
- 4 star level.
- 11 luxurious rooms, 2 self-contained rooms and a conference room for 12 people.
- This lodge is heading into its third full season. Expected room utilization throughout the year is expected to be 35-40%.
- This lodge is known for its simplicity and quality, spacious modern rooms with nice decoration, great customer service, relaxed but professional approach, intense support to guests to make their stay memorable, average stay 7 days, lots of return customers.
The management is expectingsubstantial growth this season. Over the last years they have had two volunteerinterns from the hotel school for three months each.
For Jan – Apr 2013 they are looking for
- A volunteer for the period of Jan – Apr 2013.
- Age preferably 20 and up, minimum age is 19 years.
- Operational tasks and taking over complete shifts.
- Space for own initiative (diners, marketing, social media, etc.).
- Preferably speaks Dutch, English and German.
- An interleading self-contained room with kitchen, a bathroom withexcellent facilities
- Breakfast and Lunch on working days
- An “old” Mercedes available full time. Petrol cost on own account.
- Acceptable working hours that make it possible to enjoy the region aswell.
- Possibility to generate extra income (organizing diners)
- All other expenses are on the account of the volunteer.
- Very relaxed working environment in a lovely area with a lot ofpossibilities like practice sporty activities and is located very central witha lot of activities around.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.