Recruitment and selection of management, staff and interns for employers in Africa.
28 Aug 2013
Opportunity has expired
Tourism Operations Manager
Oversee the day to day operations of the organisation in Kenya!
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Reporting to the Managing Director, the primary responsibility of the incumbent will be to oversee the day to day operations of the organisation within profit objectives and in a manner consistent with the Company’s philosophy and Standard Operating Procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the command, control and coordination of all aspects of operations of the organisation including interface with overseas clients.
- All aspects of the management of 120 highly educated and skilled permanent staff.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all government regulations.
- Meetings with the firm’s Client.
- Frequent travel to attend travel fairs and shows.
- Budgetary supervision of firms accounts
- Promoting and marketing the business.
- Be aware of current and foreseeable local and international travel intelligence and what opportunities and threats may be perceived, consider necessary action both to protect and to develop the business and take decisions accordingly.
- To provide overall leadership, guidance and direction to the organisation teams to ensure smooth, prompt and efficient operations.
- The Incumbent is expected to pro-actively cultivate and maintain good relationships and to interact with agents, VIPs and other customers, travellers, suppliers and competitors and also with local trade organisations and government officials as appropriate for the furtherance of the business and security of the company and its customers.
- Must have very good people skills.
- Excellent Public Relations skills.
- Excellent worldwide geographical knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- A very strong leader and confident manager.
- Self-motivated and capable of working with the minimum of guidance and supervision.
- Should ideally have more than 5 year’s administrative experience within the travel industry.
- Should have sound financial skills.
- Must be very hands on and a fast learner.
- Well networked within Kenya and beyond.
- Open to frequent local and international travel
- A degree in business related field or equivalent practical work experience.
- At least 5 years in middle to senior management position
- Experience within the travel and tourism industry is a strong added advantage, but not essential.
Please send us an email with your CV in English, a picture of yourself and a small motivation.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.