Dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through fisheries and aquaculture.
29 Aug 2013
Opportunity has expired
$100,000 - 200,000
Join the WorldFish Executive Team and research reducing poverty and hunger in Malaysia!
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
$100,000 - 200,000
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Your Principal Duties will be to:
- Provide strategic oversight of the WorldFish research agenda and the leadership needed to maintain research quality, coherence and productivity.
- Lead a team of Discipline Directors to deliver high quality outputs that capitalize on the breadth of scientific expertise at WorldFish.
- Supervise and support Discipline Directors in identifying, recruiting and developing WorldFish researchers.
- Lead and oversee management of WorldFish research data quality and access, including intellectual property.
- Lead WorldFish engagement with the CGIAR Research Program on Livestock and Fish.
Candidates are sought with:
- PhD in relevant discipline and proven track record in science for development.
- 15 years research experience, including at least 5 in research management.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity involving multiple science teams.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Experience of living and working in developing countries.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a geographically dispersed and diverse team.
WorldFish offers a competitive remuneration package, a non-discriminatory policy and provides an innovative work environment. Interested applicants are invited to submit your application and the following information with subject line “APP010813: Research Director/" to email@example.com and specify where you saw the job announcement latest by 15 September 2013:
1) a letter of application including a 300 word (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
2) a current curriculum vitae
3) names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.