Dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through fisheries and aquaculture.
29 Aug 2013
Opportunity has expired
$100,000 - 200,000
Join the WorldFish Executive Team and research reducing poverty and hunger in Malaysia!
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
$100,000 - 200,000
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Your Principal Duties will be to:
- Provide strategic oversight of the WorldFish research agenda and the leadership needed to maintain research quality, coherence and productivity.
- Lead a team of Discipline Directors to deliver high quality outputs that capitalize on the breadth of scientific expertise at WorldFish.
- Supervise and support Discipline Directors in identifying, recruiting and developing WorldFish researchers.
- Lead and oversee management of WorldFish research data quality and access, including intellectual property.
- Lead WorldFish engagement with the CGIAR Research Program on Livestock and Fish.
Candidates are sought with:
- PhD in relevant discipline and proven track record in science for development.
- 15 years research experience, including at least 5 in research management.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity involving multiple science teams.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Experience of living and working in developing countries.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a geographically dispersed and diverse team.
WorldFish offers a competitive remuneration package, a non-discriminatory policy and provides an innovative work environment. Interested applicants are invited to submit your application and the following information with subject line “APP010813: Research Director/" to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify where you saw the job announcement latest by 15 September 2013:
1) a letter of application including a 300 word (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
2) a current curriculum vitae
3) names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.