YPlan presents a specially-selected and eclectic mix of bookable event tickets on a visually-stunning mobile app. We’re grabbing entertainment and flipping it on its head with a 100% mobile approach, and a slick, simple and beautiful interface. We’re backed by venture capital & angel investors who helped build the world’s most loved mobile, consumer & social companies such as Spotify, Hailo, Graze.com and lastminute.com.
If you love data and spontaneous nights out, we’ve got the job for you.
The Data Scientist will work closely with the Founders, Marketing Director and Sales Director to analyse the amazing wealth of data to improve every aspect of our service.
- Create and interpret data & gain insight to make real business improvements
- Work with the Marketing team to analyse current customer journey funnels and identify areas to improve
- Work with the Sales team to identify the perfect product mix to serve our customers
- Define key business benchmark metrics to define success
- Automate tasks to make the best use of your time
- You thrive on data and have a highly analytical mind
- Deep knowledge of information retrieval, data mining, or related field
- Excellent programming & technical skills (e.g., Python, Matlab, R, SQL, Hadoop, Pig) and interest in learning new ones
- Strong communication skills to both technical and non-technical members of the team
- An executer that has the drive and determination to get the task done
- Ability to work independently
- University degree in mathematics or computer science (or other quantitative subjects)
You'll have a say in all parts of the company and get to shape our culture and development methodologies. You’ll be joining a small team of hard-charging people, who have built and worked with tech startups in the past and are committed to building excellent products.
Since our launch in London in late 2012, YPlan has great reception from media and customers (check out the App Store, or search Twitter for @YPlan).
We've raised $1.7M from an all-star cast of investors and advisors including Wellington Partners, Octopus Investments, BaltCap, Andy Phillipps, Sherry Coutu, Tom Hulme, Peter Read, Gi Fernando, Robert Linney and Brent Hoberman. Between them they've founded, funded and advised a multitude of the world's most loved mobile, social and entertainment companies, including Spotify, Hailo, Lastminute.com, LinkedIn, Graze.com and Qype.