Have you been sitting on an idea for a while but haven’t had time, money, or confidence to start it?
Are you constantly curious about the new world of startups and freelance careers?
Wanting to branch out on your own and create something is a very common desire – yet so few of us act on it, because of our other commitments.
This evening workshop will give you tools, tricks, and inspiration to set up your businesses whilst remaining in employment.
Who is this for?
– The entrepreneurially frustrated: learn what small steps can enable you to explore that entrepreneurial itch alongside your current day to day.
– Community lovers: build your network
– Advice hunters: practical tips to help you start your side business
– Doers: action-focused exercises to launch your business in an evening
Why should you take part?
You’ll get started on your business, right in the (virtual) room, surrounded and encouraged by your fellow attendees!
What can you expect?
Part 1 – Ideas: How do we form them? How do we choose which one to work on?
Part 2 – Building: How do we build the first version of an idea with minimal time and money?
Part 3 – Testing: How do we test the first version of an idea with minimal marketing channels?
Part 4 – Systems: How do we make it work with a full-time job?
The workshop begins at 7:00pm promptly and will finish at 9:45pm.
What you’ll get:
- An intensive & practical workshop
- Tactics, tools and strategies to start your own side hustle
- Tools and systems to make your startup life easier
- Support building a financial strategy for your idea
- Inspiring stories of people who have done it before
- A jumpstart to propel you into the next phase of your life
- A fun, inspiring evening of getting clear!
Find more Startup stories and advice here
How does it work?
The workshop takes place online. You can join us via a computer, tablet or mobile device. Once you’ve reserved your place, we’ll send you full details of how to take part.
More about the leader…
Skye has helped thousands of people escape their jobs and start new careers and businesses through her work as the Head of the Escape School at Escape the City, where she’s designed 10-week Accelerator programmes to help people find career direction or start new businesses both in London and NYC
Prior to her work at Escape the City, Skye worked at national enterprise campaign Startup Britain and think tank Centre for Entrepreneurs, traveling across the country designing initiatives to help support entrepreneurial ambitions across the UK, as well as researching and formulating policies to make the UK the best place in the world to start a business.
Skye is also a Business Advisor on Facebook’s She Means Business campaign training female founders how to start and grow their businesses online, for Young Enterprise working with young people to help them realise their entrepreneurial ambitions, and with social enterprise The Platform helping long term unemployed to launch social ventures. Skye also sits on the advisory board of The Entrepreneurs Network, a think tank working on entrepreneurial policy and the secretariat for the APPG in Entrepreneurship.
This workshop is limited to 35 places. Secure your ticket now to get closer to launching your business.