Join Zero Waste Goods, at London’s original Zero Waste Christmas Market, where buying better couldn’t be easier
Yes, Zero Waste Christmas Market is popping up again, and this year promises to be bigger and better than ever, with profits continuing to be being donated to plant trees.
Zero Waste Goods are bringing together the best of the UK’s independent, sustainable businesses under one roof for easier & greener gifting this festive season.
They verify and interview all brands attending to be sure of their environmental commitments. Plus, building on last year’s runaway success, the 2019 Zero Waste Christmas Market is doubling in size and scope.
What can you expect?
Amazing gift ideas from over 50 unique zero waste brands
Hot mulled wine and delicious food from Shakey Shakey Vegan, Bardei Baci, Let’s Do Temaki and Tastopia.
Informative sustainable seminars – free to attend, meet the trader and learn about the journey of running a sustainable startup.
Crafty festive workshops and a gift wrapping station
Zero plastic packaging and wrapping
Deposit-mug scheme (for hot mulled wine)
Check out our schedule for the day:
- 10:30 – 11:30 Sustainable and Festive Storytelling for Children – free for all ages. (Children must be supervised by their parent or guardian.)
- 11:00 – 12:00 – Make a sustainable wreath from natural materials – limited tickets available here.
- 12:00 – 13:00 – Meet the amazing Natalie Fee, founder of City To Sea and Refill who will be doing a talk and book signing of her new title: ‘How to Save The World for Free”.
- 13:30 – 15:00 – Take part in Leafage’s Terrarium Making Class and walk away with your own living garden
- 15:00 – 16:00 – Avoid waste and make your own crackers in our Christmas Cracker workshop,
- 17:30 – 18:30 – Keynote: Lizzie Carr – activist, adventurer, world-record holder founder of Plastic Patrol who will be screening her new film: The Hudson Project at 5:30 followed by a Q&A.
- 19:30 – 20:30 – A live soul and R&B band playing the last of the evening
When is it?
Sat 07th December 2019, 10.30 am – 8:30 pm.
Where is it?
Why are there several tickets? The event is popular, and we want to ensure everyone has a good experience in a well-managed market. The timed tickets help us know how many people to expect over the day. Please try to arrive within your chosen time slot. Otherwise, you may have to wait to be let in. There is no queue-jump option, but don’t worry, we will ensure everyone with a ticket can come inside.
Can I buy a ticket on the door?
Yes! We have a limited number of tickets on sale. We encourage you to buy in advance as the tickets are cheaper and you’ll avoid disappointment. Please note, we cannot guarantee entry for those without a ticket and may have to ask you to be patient or come back when it is a little quieter.
Can I bring pets?
Yes, well-behaved pets are allowed inside the premises. Be sure they’re safe, comfortable in crowds and be advised we have no bins on-site for waste so be prepared to take it away with you. If it becomes busy, please use your discretion on whether your pet is best suited to come inside, we reserve the right to make a recommendation on the door, so please be prepared for this.
What about children?
Yes, children are welcome and any child under 12 goes free! Be mindful that it is an afternoon and evening event with alcohol being offered on the premises. But, we also have glitter face-painting and soft drinks.
Where can I get a workshop ticket?
Workshop tickets will be released on Eventbrite in November, the price is set by the workshop facilitator. All workshop tickets include the entrance fee for the Market.
Shall I print my ticket?
We are Zero Waste – so encourage you to bring your ticket along on your phone via an email confirmation or on the Eventbrite app.
Can I leave and come back? Yes, of course! But if we are at capacity you might have to wait until we’ve had a few guests leave, so it’s best to come and to stay if you can.
● Eventbrite sales will continue on Saturday where there are tickets remaining
● The event is all-weather and is partially outside so do dress accordingly.
● There will have security present and reserve the right to refuse admission to the premises and to also kindly remove any individuals displaying inappropriate behaviour.
●Refunds available up to one week before the event
● Zero Waste Goods will be taking photographs at this event and using these for social media / promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be included, please speak to the photographer or one of our team members.
● The event is suitable for wheelchairs via lift access.
● Zero Waste Goods get extremely busy in the week leading up to the event, so be patient if it takes us a few days to get back to you. For anything urgent, please email email@example.com