Tillit’s mission is to empower everyone to invest with confidence, conviction & ease in the best funds across borders.
At Tillit we believe that long-term investment success lies in funds. But the user experience of investing in funds is poor, outdated and dull. We are on a mission to change that by building Tillit - a world-class, device-agnostic investment platform focused on offering what we believe to be best-in-class funds to personal investors. Through storytelling and transparency, we are creating an engaging user experience we want to help people make better long-term investment decisions.
Tillit means ‘trust’ in Swedish. Trust is fundamental to what we do and it underpins everything from our culture to the relationships we hope to build with our customers. By creating an outstanding product, providing helpful content in plain English, and offering an excellent customer experience, we seek to earn that trust from our customers.
We are a well-funded start-up, having completed our seed funding round in December 2021 (details yet to be announced). The company was built during the COVID-19 pandemic and the platform was launched into private beta in May 2021. After six months of beta testing, we launched to the public in November 2021.
The focus for 2022 is on evolving the fund discovery process, deepening the customer experience through content and new features, and expanding the product range. We will also be developing internal tools and automating operational processes so that we can deliver a scalable, secure, market-leading investing experience.
Clear, engaging content that helps personal investors make informed decisions with confidence and conviction is a core part of our value proposition. Our content ranges from beginner’s guides to deep dives in specific investment styles, to market updates, and thought-provoking opinion pieces on key long-term trends, to name a few. We strive for a tone of voice that is friendly, yet professional, informative and in plain English - with a sprinkle of character and flair. Ultimately, we want to inspire and empower our customers to make better investment decisions and we are looking for an enthusiastic copywriter to join us in doing just that!
Our main target customer is an experienced investor with at least a basic understanding of investing and the markets. It is therefore important that our content, whilst still in plain English, is pitched at the right level of depth to engage our readers.
You will work closely with the founding team, play a key role in the direction of our content agenda, and create the majority of our external (and some internal) content and communications. This includes Insight articles, interviews, copy for the platform, copy for marketing campaigns, as well as regular newsletters for our customers and subscribers, and much more.
- Produce compelling, high-quality, and well-researched content for our customers.
- Collaborate with our founders and other stakeholders in the business on our content agenda.
- Create customised messaging strategies and copy based on defined customer profiles.
- Manage the financial promotions approval processes with our compliance partner.
- Create value proposition messaging frameworks and key message guidelines to be used across the company.
What we offer:
- Position: Copywriter
- Employment type: Permanent, Full-time
- Location: We operate a hybrid model and it’s up to you how you want to split your time between the office (London or Edinburgh) and working from home.
- Compensation: £30,000- £40,000pa (+ 10% for London-based applicants)
- Equity: Stock options giving you a chance to own a part of the company
- Pension: 5% employer contribution
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days + flexible bank holidays
- Personal development: Self-directed, accumulating, learning budget of £500 pa (disbursed quarterly) + MasterClass membership
- Product discount: Discounted Tillit platform fee of 0.25% pa
We are looking for a copywriter who is passionate about the world of investing and making complex topics accessible and engaging through great copy. A successful candidate will have impeccable writing, research and editing skills, as well as a proven track record of producing clear and succinct content across a range of topics.
- Excellent command of the English language, particularly in written form
- A passion for the world of investing
- Great attention to detail and strong proofreading skills
- Self-starter not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in
- Highly organised
- Strong research skills
- Experience of working with tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Flexible and comfortable with change
- A curious mind
Nice to have:
- A background in financial journalism
- Startup, particularly FinTech, experience
- Experience of producing copy in line with standard financial promotions rules
- Familiarity with newsletter engagement tools
- SEO or analytics experience
Please note that for this role we can only consider UK residents with the right to work in the UK.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting FinTech with a growing team where you can play a key part in shaping the future of how people invest. If this gets you excited and you think you’ve got what it takes, then we would love to hear from you!
No agencies please.