At Perlego, there are over 100 of us working hard to make learning accessible to all. In this digital age, we believe that anyone should be able to learn anything at any time. Knowledge should be more accessible, not locked behind sky-high price tags.
Over the past 5 years, our goal has been to support students across the UK & Europe to access quality books. We've just raised our $50million Series B funding round, and the next stage of Perlego is two fold: 1) expand our support to students globally, and 2) build a product that goes beyond the book, a platform that helps students study smarter and more effectively.
What we’re looking for
An experienced and driven Head of Brand & Creative. You will play a key role in growing a loyal and global community of Perlego users by understanding and tapping into their needs, desires and aspirations. You will strive to amplify our voice and brand awareness in the industry, building trust and advocacy.
How we work together
You will report to the VP of Marketing and work across the marketing team and their respective audiences and channels. You will also collaborate closely with the wider business across the design, product, people and content teams.
What you’ll do
- Shape and bring to life Perlego’s brand strategy to ensure our positioning, mission, visual identity, messaging and tone of voice are kept consistent and relevant as we scale and expand globally
- Own the creative direction - you’ll be a strong advocate for elegant, accessible and innovative design
- Deliver integrated creative brand campaigns to boost awareness and strengthen the brand globally across Perlego’s various audiences (students, educators, academic institutions, publishers, employees) and channels.
- Oversee all marketing creative output, both in-house and with any external agencies & freelancers
- Collaborate with channel heads to best allocate marketing investment to drive brand outcomes by championing customer behaviour & motivation to accelerate awareness and reach
- Define Brand KPIs & health metrics and implement measurement and tracking to assess performance against the strategy to champion and advocate for investment in brand
- Ensure the brand is translated effectively in the product experience through building a strong partnership with the product design team and taking a key influencing role
- Define our PR strategy and lead the execution with an external partner
- Lead and drive our CSR strategy, overseeing initiatives
- Develop the brand ecosystem and ensure our mission and values are always consistent and properly communicated across product, internal & external communications and marketing campaigns
- Act as Perlego’s brand guardian. You’ll be the 'go to' person for all things related to Perlego’s brand and you will need to ensure consistency and brand standards are withheld
- Ensure everyone in the business loves and understands our brand through clear, passionate communication and detailed guidelines.
- Encourage and push creative thinking. Share inspiration and innovative ideas.
- Provide clear vision, leadership and mentorship for your team
- Identify, hire and grow exceptional brand professionals to support our overall marketing strategy
It’s the perfect role for you if you have:
- 5-8+ years of brand & creative experience
- 3+ years of experience leading teams
- Experience delivering creative assets and managing in-house creative production, specifically branded content
- Experience working with and managing external partners and agencies
- A storyteller at heart - you have the ability to craft engaging messaging and campaigns that bring brands to life
- Experience in a multi-dimensional role driving both strategy and execution
- Ability to understand data to drive strategic business decisions and use customer segmentation to inform brand & content strategy
- Experience in delivering campaigns across digital and traditional channels, with an understanding of how brand-building can support revenue goals
- Ability to own a process from start to finish and have strong project management skills; from running workshops & user research to copywriting and campaign execution
- Self-starter with an ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment and meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent communication skills and are able to communicate complex ideas simply and clearly with an actionable plan
- A passion for customers and really understanding their challenges and needs
⭐️ It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience at both an agency and in-house brand & creative team
- Experience working for an education business, specifically Ed-tech
- Experience in a fast paced ambiguous environment
- Have a general interest in books, reading and always learning new things!
Why should you work at Perlego?
Apart from our mission, we foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. We’re proud of our 4.8 Glassdoor reviews and the fact that 97% of our team would recommend Perlego as a place to work.
✨Salary available: £67,000 - £75,000 + equity
🌈 Benefits include:
We offer flexibility in where you work, choose between the office or remote - we are a London based company, but also hire remotely across the UK and Europe
🌱 Personal development
We value continuous learning, you will get £500 per year to spend on training of your choice
🧳 Work-life balance
Everyone needs a break, so enjoy 30 days off (incl. bank holidays) + 1 week over Christmas (or religious holidays of your choice).
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
We're committed to building a sustainable business, so we encourage cycling to work. Perlego will buy your bike of choice, which you'll pay back over 12 months.
🧘🏽♀️Health & wellbeing
We want everyone to feel healthy and happy, so you get the choice of a wellbeing subsidy or health insurance via Vitality. You will also get access to a counselling support service via Spill.
We're a tight-knit bunch who enjoy our time to play. We have regular social events and activities for everyone - everything from white water rafting to board game nights.
🍼 Family time
We believe family is really important; we offer new parents a competitive parental leave.