upReach is an award-winning charity working to create equal opportunities for students across the UK. We help university students from less-advantaged backgrounds achieve their career potential by providing an intensive programme of support that addresses socio-economic barriers to graduate employment.
As a Law Programme Coordinator, you would be working specifically on our Law Springboard Programme and so working solely with students with a career interest in law. As part of your role, you will work closely with our students (who we call Associates) and Partner Employers. You will help build general commercial awareness among our Associates by delivering video forums and 1-to-1s, as well as provide them with application support.
Role: Law Programme Coordinator
Location: London, Manchester, Bristol, Nottingham, or Newcastle
Hours: Full-time 40 hours per week, 9am - 6pm
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: 12-month contact
Salary: £23,000 plus £1,000 London-weighting if based in London
Application deadline: 5pm on Monday 29th November. Early applications are encouraged as we may appoint before the closing date
Ideal candidates for this role would either have experience as a solicitor or barrister or have already secured a Training Contract.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and working independently to find solutions to problems
- Strong organisational skills with a keen eye for detail and the ability to manage a varied workload
- At least a Grade ‘B’ in Maths and English GCSE (if you have extenuating circumstances, let us know)
- University degree (2:1 or higher) in any discipline, or equivalent experience
- Self-motivation and an ability to work in a small team as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills and strong written English
- Ability to engage and communicate confidently with undergraduates, corporate volunteers (mentors) and employers via phone, email, and in person
- Knowledge of the graduate labour market in the UK and experience supporting individuals through an application process
- Knowledge of how law firms work and operate
- Strong negotiation skills and experience in roles requiring influence
- Experience working in the legal sector or law related roles