Spacehive is a crowdfunding platform for ideas that bring local places to life: everything from converting phone boxes into community libraries, cultivating pop-up gardens, to creating amazing street art and starting a street market. We want to make it easy for people to improve their local area.
As a socially minded business, our innovative approach combines technology and specialised support, empowering communities to create projects that matter to them. As market disruptors, we’re re-imagining how people can transform the places they live. We have the highest success rate of any UK crowdfunding platform and are constantly striving to do things better.
Spacehive is an anti-racist, anti-discriminatory organisation. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, people with disabilities and people from lower income and diverse educational backgrounds who may be under-represented in our organisation.
About this role:
The Spacehive Partnerships team hosts and activates funding programmes for partner councils, companies and foundations which in turn fuel project ideas. Our fast-growing partner network spans all of the UK from the Mayor of London to Swansea Council, Kent County Council and North of Tyne Combined Authority. Our aim is to constantly attract more crowdfunding projects to come forward in each funding round to deliver positive impact for our partners.
As part of this team, you will be supporting people in our partner areas to come forward and crowdfund their brilliant project ideas using the Spacehive platform. You’ll play a key role in helping project creators to develop their ideas, navigate the platform and pitch for funding. This is a brand new role that comes as Spacehive is in an exciting period of growth with lots of opportunities for innovation. You’ll be joining a team who are passionate about making it easy for people to improve their local area.
● Building and managing pipelines of crowdfunding projects and project ideas in our Spacehive partner areas
● Grassroots project research – reaching out and engaging potential groups and individuals with projects that might be a great fit for the platform
● Reporting progress of projects in the pipelines as the project creators progress along their journey from idea stage to ‘on platform’
● Supporting project creators as they navigate the Spacehive platform, offering advice and guidance
● Helping to deliver online workshops for potential project creators
● Noticing and monitoring trends in project creation in Spacehive partner areas – locating opportunities to engage more project creators
● We are a small, hands-on team so each week is different and there will always be new challenges and opportunities to take on more responsibilities.
● Passionate about community projects, locally led action and social innovation
● Warm, patient and personable approach – confident to deal with all our diverse, inspiring project creators
● Confident verbal communicator – happy to jump on the phone and zoom calls with project creators regularly
● Clear, confident writing style with an eye for detail and ability to communicate instructions clearly
● Content creation – comfortable developing content to motivate and inspire potential project creators
● Organised and systematic – comfortable handling competing priorities simultaneously
How to apply:
This is a task-based application process, so we are not asking applicants for CVs. Please complete Task 1 and Task 2, and submit your application to email@example.com by 23rd May at 11:59pm. Early application is encouraged.
If you’re interested in this role, but you’d like to find out more before submitting an application please get in touch and we’d be happy to chat through the role and answer any questions.
If there is any aspect of the application process that is not appropriate to your requirements, then please get in touch and we will try to accommodate your needs.