Cervest is building the world's first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a Certified B Corporation with a vision to build a climate intelligent world — one where everyone is able to use Climate Intelligence to adapt with climate change. By making Climate Intelligence open, democratised and transparent we will power a global Climate Intelligent Network™ that drives a chain reaction of climate intelligent decisions to protect the world’s critical assets, including our greatest asset — the planet.
Using our flagship EarthScanTM product, anyone can discover how current and future climate events such as flooding, droughts, and extreme temperatures will impact their assets. EarthScan helps our customers confidently de-risk decisions, meet financial disclosure needs and improve the resilience of the assets they own, manage or rely on.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
This is an exciting role where you will work alongside the CMO, and your marketing, sales and product colleagues, as well as the executive team, to showcase the impact of our work to a global audience starting within the USA and the UK, and then across the world.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Managing all public relations and brand communications activities, including media relations, speaking, awards and thought leadership programmes
- Developing and implementing strategic PR plans to grow brand awareness in support of company category leadership goals, including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Developing and implementing press strategies to support key initiatives, events (i.e product launches), securing prominent placements in tech, business and vertical media (print, broadcast and online) to reach target audiences
- Leveraging your existing media relationships and cultivating new contacts within business, technology, climate and vertical media.
- Managing all media inquiries and interview requests, including drafting briefing materials and prepping spokespeople
- Contributing to the development of, and activating, thought leadership strategies for the brand and for key executives
- Creating storylines and writing content for press releases, byline articles, blogs, infographics, position papers, op-eds, keynote presentations, podcasts, etc.
- Identifying and crafting great stories from across the business to develop stories and pitch angles for media
- Evaluating opportunities for industry partnerships on an ongoing basis
- Identifying and managing media partnerships, and other brand-related partnerships
- Supporting company presence at key industry events and trade shows, including COP26
- Managing external PR/brand agencies in the UK and the USA
- Collaborating with Operations & People Team on internal communications, ensuring messaging alignment for internal and external audiences
- Serving as a guardian and steward of our company and brand reputation
- Supporting crisis communications if/when needed
- Maintaining an understanding of industry trends affecting existing and potential customers and making appropriate recommendations regarding PR and brand communication strategy surrounding them
- Monitoring, reviewing and communicating PR and brand communications results across the business
- Tracking the PR budget
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Has strong commercial acumen and knows how PR supports the overall business and marketing strategy.
YOU’LL HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- PR management (6 years+) with at least 2 years working in a B2B-focused startup, in a mid-senior level PR, communications or brand role
- Excelling in a fast-paced B2B startup environment with changing priorities
- PR and brand communications strategy and campaign development including thought leadership and executive communications
- The Media landscape in either the UK or the USA and familiarity with a second geography
- Creative and effective storytelling that translates executive vision, product roadmaps and customer viewpoints into compelling press content
- Translating complex information into compelling media stories and brand narratives
- Generating quality press coverage in national and international tech, business, and vertical industry media outlets
- Creating, and executing a successful PR strategy to support successive product launches in either the UK or USA
- Managing PR and brand communications metrics and KPIs
Nice to haves
- A background in science or related analytical field and industry experience in fintech, artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, cybersecurity or climate tech
- Generating quality press coverage in climate focused media outlets
- Experience planning virtual and in-person events
- Experience of managing agencies, contractors or freelancers
- People management experience
YOU’LL ALSO BE:
- Confident and influential, able to communicate effectively with executives and across departments
- Flawless in your execution and relentlessly detail orientated
- An exceptional verbal and written communicator with native speaker level English language
- Collaborative by nature, keen to find solutions across functions and departments
- Able to function in a dynamic and fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- Interested in science, climate, AI or analytics, either from your education, or your professional or personal life
As a rapidly scaling company on a mission, we are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
We are a remote-first company and are hiring across Europe, the USA and beyond. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working in a remote setting and with a diverse team distributed across multiple time zones. This job requires minimum travel for occasional regional or global team retreats only, using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
- 25 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between December 24th and January 1st, which typically gives an extra 3 days off each year (on top of your 25 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture with flexible working hours
- Maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave policies
- Every employee is given a plant of their choice
- £1000 a year learning budget towards personal and professional development
- 10% of your time can be used for projects that help us meet Cervest’s mission outside your day-to-day responsibilities
- £500 stipend to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your laptop and peripherals such as a screen and keyboard - you will be able to choose between a Mac or PC)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Virtual team and company activities such as pastry-making classes, mindfulness classes, coffee masterclasses and murder mysteries
- £1500 loan towards a bike through the Cycle to Work Scheme (available for UK employees)
Please contact us if you have a disability and need any adjustments to be made to the application or interview process