At Alvéole, we install urban beehives while educating thousands of businesses, organizations, schools, and families about bees and beekeeping along the way.
Ultimately, we want to make people fond of bees, which in turn will lead to them falling in love with nature and building awareness about the impact that each and every one of us can have in preserving our environment. We’re a B Corp founded in 2013, active today in Canada, the United States and Europe, and officially joined the 1% for the planet movement in January 2021.
What's in It for You?
- A team environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Alvéole family
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their work as you are
Equity, diversity and inclusion
Much like the way a beehive comes together to achieve its goals, we believe that the diverse skills, personalities, backgrounds and past experiences of every Alvéole team member are key components to our growth, wellbeing, and shared goal of making people fall in love with bees.
We have the privilege to serve unique cities and are dedicated to developing a workforce that reflects the spaces in which we live and work. As such, we encourage applications from persons of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to creating a place where all feel included, and recognize that this is a work in progress.
Reporting to the Team Sales Manager, the Sales Development Representative (Urban Beekeeping Specialist) is responsible, within an effective and measurable framework, for business development in assigned territories identified at the beginning of the fiscal year. They must forge relationships with potential partners, cultivate existing links with our current partners, search for new prospects and sign new agreements.
This is a full-time, permanent position in accordance with Alvéole’s current policies.
We're currently looking for an English + French/German speaker based in Amsterdam! Accepting local candidates from the Netherlands.
*Start Date: as soon as possible
Roles and responsibilities
- Identify potential customer markets in a variety of industries.
- Establish lists of companies and contacts that qualify for market fit.
- Recruit and follow up with prospects by phone and email leading to a demo meeting.
- Adapt and present Service Demo Slide Deck.
- Deliver cohesive and engaging messaging around our services.
- Prepare contracts and send offers.
- Establish trust with customers and partners.
- Achieve and surpass monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives.
- 3+ years of experience in sales and/or business development with a proven track record of a high closing rate and a demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales objectives.
- Experience with sales tools and processes (Hubspot) an asset.
- Excellent written and spoken English + French/German
- Communication: natural listener, articulate speaker, personable writer. Able to convey messages thoroughly, in a clear and confident voice.
- Attention to detail: timely and meticulous in drafting contracts, preparing insurance certificates and working with CRM.
- Teamwork: a go-getter who thrives on positivity, collaboration, and team spirit.
- Reliability: punctual, timely follow up with clients and prospects, diligent CRM task updates.
- Autonomy: reliable, self-motivated and comfortable creating an individual strategy while ensuring team goals are met in a timely and organized fashion
- People person: comfortable cold calling and establishing a sense of trust and honesty with clients. Resilient, investigative, and optimistic when dealing with refusals
- Versatility: able to switch gears from prospecting to account managing frequently and smoothly