Zedify is building a system for deliveries that is fit for the future and better in all ways; zero emission by default (no offsetting here), intuitive & flexible (a great customer experience) and better for people (no gig economy for us).
- We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager to work on our core technologies that are driving our mission.
- We’re innovating the whole delivery process and the product team have the enviable role of managing the software to delight our customers, provide great tools for our teams and analyse data that drives operational efficiency throughout.
- We have an exciting road map and framework and you’ll be given the autonomy to use your own skills and ideas so that you see the value of your input immediately.
You’ll share our ideals on sustainability and ethics, have a positive attitude and be motivated to make an immediate impact. We’re a small business with big ambitions and you’ll relish the challenges and opportunities that come with this.
We work hard to create a workplace where everyone feels welcomed and included and treated fairly and respectfully. We believe this creates the best environment for individuals to contribute to our mission and realise their full potential. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from all members of the community.
We are building out the product team at Zedify and looking for ambitious people to shape what that will look like as we grow. The core tech underpins activities to support deliveries by cargo bike. The initial version of the software is in use and there is an exciting set of features on the roadmap for us to build and deploy to innovate and automate processes and improve the customer experience.
The core system manages the business rules and provides an API and data manipulation facilities. The VueJS websites provide custom views onto that data for specific roles including clients, hub managers and riders. The hub managers group bookings into rounds for riders to carry out. Riders view and record details about the deliveries. Ultimately, the data drives invoicing, data analysis, reporting and continuous improvement.
We work with the technical team as well as internal & external stakeholders to scope features to build to make sure we’re always building the most valuable functionality next. Assumptions can be validated in real time with our customers who are part of our Slack community, so we can get fast feedback & work in an agile fashion. We try to keep the journey from requirement through to coding and release as short as possible; your work could be live & in use within days.
The work will be varied and dependent on your experience and abilities. We’ve got a range of product roles currently available & would love to work with you whether it’s your first product role (see here https://careers.zedify.co.uk/jobs/1604546-product-owner) or if you’re a seasoned pro.
Some of the things the Technical Product Manager would be involved with includes:
- Supporting & training the product owner who would report to you
- Championing the voice of the customer to create an incredible experience
- Working with the leadership team to create a strategically aligned and prioritised roadmap
- Completely owning the backlog
- Converting feedback to actionable tickets to improve the product
- Prioritising the work for the development team
- Running agile ceremonies such as standups, planning & retros
- Working with UX to create & optimise user journeys
- Ensure our technical capabilities & user experience of the product is always ahead of our competitors
You'll work closely with the rest of the product team, developers and with the wider team. There is much opportunity to learn new skills in this work as we bring in new components and build the system further.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll be talented at thinking outside of the box to problem solve, working in a fast paced environment & balancing a lot of different tasks, with a focus on creating amazing experiences & improving how we work.
Your core skillset should include:
- Liaising between technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Protecting the technical teams time so they’re always focused on creating the most value
- Self-motivated and with experience working remotely and leading a team
- Ability to communicate well
- Quick to pick up new concepts
- Creative, problem solving mindset
- Able to break down complex ideas into small chunks
Experience that’s nice to have, but not essential:
- Data analysis & implementation of analytics platforms such as GA
- Experience working in development or UX
- Creating new processes within a startup
The role can be completely remote or hybrid to suit. Our HQ is in Cambridge and some occasional visits to here and other places for team building and workshops will be needed.
The role can be filled part-time or full-time and the hours can be flexible as long as there are some hours of overlap with 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
You'll have a positive outlook and be a great team player, willing to change and adapt your work and approach to get the best results for Zedify. You'll be excited by our purpose and motivated by our impact.
What to expect from us
If you are looking for a mission-focused business in a start-up environment then Zedify may be the right place for you. You’ll get autonomy to make decisions straight away and your input will quickly make an impact and help ensure more deliveries are made with zero emissions, creating the healthier and more liveable cities of the future.
If you think this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you. Send us your cv and details of what you can bring to the team. Tell us why you are interested in this particular position and why Zedify feels like the right place for you.
We're committed to your ongoing professional development and you'll have time in work to attend relevant training. We can offer a competitive salary, flexible working, potential share options and EV/Bicycle salary sacrifice scheme alongside a great team culture to work with. We look forward to hearing from you!