Would you like to join a rapidly growing company where you can grow your own technology vision and strategy and build products that will positively impact millions of young people around the world?
Virtual Internships is an EdTech startup that delivers global work experience programs for young people to pursue their dream career.
We’re proud to be on ‘Tech in Asia’s Top 50 Rising Startup’ List (No.6 in Vietnam) and backed by some of the world’s top investors including Sequoia, 500 Global, among others. You'll be joining a diverse and passionate team of 120+ working in our Ho Chi Minh City (in Vietnam), and across 20+ countries that believe remote work is here to stay.
If you want to work in a flexible working environment where you can own technology, strategies, and design and build new systems from scratch using the tools YOU choose, then read on!
What you will do
Working with a world-class globally distributed team, as the Software Engineer, you will have ownership of key frontend technical strategies and goals of the VI platform on creating exceptional and impactful products for VI.
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes.
- Developing and implementing highly responsive front-end architecture to support customer facing user interface concepts .
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance.
- Meeting with the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications.
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
- Identifying web-based user interactions.
- Documenting application changes and developing updates.
What do we offer?
- Flexibility- flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
- Remote working - with a budget to support your productivity and your choice of where to work from
- Open-minded leaders- with colleagues who care about your career goals. There are monthly global virtual events including town halls, ask me anything sessions, virtual coffee chats, and virtual team building
- Professional Development- with a budget that you can utilize however you wish
- Company Laptop- paid for by VI
- Birthday Leave- go enjoy yourself on your birthday without needing to use your annual leave
- Direct contribution- ideas and solutions are encouraged from everyone. Your input is valued and you have a unique opportunity to directly impact the success and help shape the future of VI
- Meritocracy- a culture that prides itself on internal promotions and meritocracy. The majority of our managerial team have risen up (quickly) through the company, including our COO, CAO, CFO, Head of Company Experience and Head of Intern Experience
- Previous experience of 3+ years working as a React.js developer.
- Knowledge of REACT tools including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux.
- Experience with user interface design.
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks including Mocha and Jest.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Good to have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar field.
- Experience building products for large or medium scale enterprise (B2B) customers
- Good technical competency and an understanding of working with cross functional teams
- Excellent focus on attention to detail and strong quantitative skills
- Experience in other frontend technologies such as Angular, Vue etc.
- Having worked as a full stack engineer or developer in a product organization.
- Experience with a (any) set of incredible tools for product development and task management.
Consider this our wish-list. We know there will be great candidates that don't meet every one of these criteria—if you're passionate about the role and have early-stage startup experience, we'd still love to hear from you.