Lead and support young people on exciting trek projects from Glenfinnan to Ben Nevis on Raleigh International’s UK volunteer programme – Re:Green. As an Adventure Project Manager, you need to be Mountain Leader assessed, and confident facilitating young people to develop their own leadship and teamwork skills.
Raleigh International is a youth-driven organisation supporting a global movement of people to take action. Our projects on Re:Green engage young people aged 18-24 to create lasting change through conservation projects in Scotland's rainforest, whilst developing their skills and confidence through leadership trekking projects across the Western Highlands of Scotland.
What will I do?
- Facilitate and inspire a diverse group of young volunteers to complete our challenging and remote trek projects, and build their leadership and teamwork skills in the process.
- Use your outdoor leadership and training experience to support your team, encouraging them to lead and support each other to complete this together.
- Gain insight into the running of sustainable development programmes and the practical challenges they encompass.
- Receive training with your fellow Volunteer Managers in advance of your programme and during your first week before the volunteers arrive.
When can I go?
We are recruiting this role for our programmes across 2022, each placement lasting 5 weeks:
- 5 Jun - 9 Jul
- 17 Jul - 20 Aug
- 1 Sep - 5 Oct
- Build your leadership, mentoring and practical skills as you work on meaningful projects that create positive change for endangered environments and young people.
- Expand your knowledge of sustainable development.
- Experience living in a completely new and exciting environment.
- Leave with friendships made with volunteers and volunteer managers from a diverse range of backgrounds and careers.
Costs and what is covered:
This is an unpaid voluntary position, with a required fundraising cost of £50. Given your specialist mountain leader training and skillset, this is significantly reduced from our other adult volunteer roles.
This contributes to the cost of running our projects worldwide whilst paying expenses for you including:
- All food and accommodation throughout your programme
- All travel during your programme
- Premium tailored health insurance
- Leading safety expertise supported by our British standard 8848 safety accreditation
- All necessary project training by experienced staff
- All project equipment, supplies and tools
Please submit your application to us through the online form on our website. Once you apply, we will be in touch about the next stage of the application process before confirming your Re:Green dates.
If you have any questions about this role please contact us on +44 (0) 207 183 1295.
To find out more about this role and our other adult volunteer roles, visit our website at https://raleighinternational.org/take-action/volunteer/volunteer-in-the-uk-over-23/