Do it Now Now (DiNN) is an open innovation organisation committed to the social empowerment to Black people through the provision of access to opportunities for social mobility through entrepreneurship and employment. We bring skilled talent, charities, social entrepreneurs, start-up teams, social innovators, investors and philanthropists together to address social challenges, solve problems and support the development of underserved groups.
Our communications activities are typically centred on our initiatives:
- Common Call: a community of leaders in social enterprises and charities, this programme seeks to offer funding opportunities and skill development for the Black community.
- AfriTech XYZ: a community of African founders and entrepreneurs working on tech solutions to local problems.
- My Moon Landing: a community of Black women, LGBTQ+, and non-binary people, MML offers support through events and mentorship.
- Do it Now Now: the hub for our reports, news, and success stories of our key programmes.
- Black and Good: a community of Black entrepreneurs and founders in the UK, this programme offers support through online training and events.
- Voltage Revolution: a community of 18-24-year-olds. This community is served by online training programmes and events designed to help young people gain employability skills and ultimately work within the tech and creative industries.
- Melding: we provide consultancy and training to charities and social enterprises to help them improve their Diversity and Inclusion practices
- Centre Black: a research centre focused on improving access to high quality research focused on the UK’s Black community.
Key responsibilities and duties
We are specifically looking for the following:
- Essential - demonstrable work experience as a trainer or facilitator
- Desirable - event based corporate fundraising experience
- Running the administrative aspects of our events based community engagement (e.g. feedback forms)
- Managing the online course administration (uploading course videos, editing automated transcriptions)
- Managing a digital information library; I.e. making notes of key resources, tools and opportunities to share with our events and training participants
- Facilitate events and training by welcoming speakers, running breakout rooms, ice-breakers and other activities to make participants feel welcome
- Uploading course materials into our learning and management system so that all participants are fully equipped to take part in the courses
- Support with community engagement activities such as podcasts, interviews and other outreach activities (including newsletters)
- You’re highly organised and self-motivated.
- You are an ambitious leader. You recognise the importance of what we are trying to achieve and see your role in that.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to find things, solve things, answer questions, reach people.
- You are passionate about the cause. You have a demonstrated interest and motivation to support Black people to achieve social mobility.
- You have sound judgement. You work independently, and when faced with issues react calmly and logically.
- You're a positive, solutions-oriented, and entrepreneurial individual with a drive for excellence.
- You can engage remotely and with autonomy.
- You’re a team player and manager, with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Do it Now is dedicated to believing that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve—in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.
Thank you for your consideration.