Cyber security is one of the most exciting and rapidly growing industries around, but there is a massive skills shortage in the UK and US. At Helical Levity, we are on a mission to help thousands of talented individuals tap into their potential (using skills they already possess!) to help them become future cyber security experts. The goal of our flagship product CyberStart is to uncover, support and train a new generation of talent in one of the most in-demand industries in the world. CyberStart is an industry leading educational game, which has been used by over 200,000 students, predominantly through programmes across the UK and the US. 2022 will see us embark upon the launch of CyberStart as a retail product.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and results driven General Manager, who will be instrumental in advancing Helical Levity to their next stage of success. The right person will have experience in a SaaS, product-led business. You'll be our clients first port of call, and you will be responsible for ensuring all programme and product launches are rolled out successfully and within budget. You'll be tasked with directing and managing our organisation’s business activities, whilst developing and implementing effective business strategies.
Sitting within the Executive team, your responsibilities will include:
- Operations - Oversee daily business operations, working alongside the Senior Leadership Team to oversee our Marketing, Product, Engineering, Security and Operations departments.
- Sales - Develop and implement growth strategies in line with go to market plans. These could include B2C, B2B and B2G opportunities.
- Commercial/revenue - Research and identify growth opportunities, whilst also maintaining and improving existing revenue streams.
- HR - Work with HR to hire and develop industry leading talent, maintain and enhance employee morale and happiness.
- Finance - Create and manage budgets, analyse accounting and financial data.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience within a product-led business, working with SaaS products - as a product-led business we want someone that has experienced the full product lifecycle and the ups and downs that come with building a successful product.
- Experience with start ups who have developed into growth stage - we were founded in 2015, but have retained much of our start up mentality. Experience in a similar environment will be beneficial to whomever joins the team.
- Strong knowledge of different business functions - you'll need to be able to work across the departments (Marketing, Product, Engineering, Security, Operations), so a broad knowledge base is key.
- Robust leadership qualities - we need someone who can take Helical Levity into this new stage of growth, be a confident decision maker, and a beacon of strength for the team.
- Degree in Business Management, MBA or equivalent industry experience - whilst holding a degree is preferable, you could instead have at least 5 years experience leading and scaling a start up, in an operational or commercial role.
Our mission, culture and the work itself all make for a great working environment. However, it's crucial to us that our employees feel valued and supported, and we are proud to offer excellent benefits with this role. These include:
- Fantastic training and development opportunities. We love helping our employees up-skill and develop themselves, so we're committed to funding training and development opportunities. We've helped employees complete CIPD, Shillington and SANS courses, to name a few.
- Generous holiday. We offer 28 days plus Bank Holidays per year, with a Christmas shut down.
- Great equipment and software. All team members use high spec equipment, and the latest software to make working enjoyable and easy. Plus, we can kit you out with any peripherals you may need.
- Flexible & remote working options. We were operating as a remote business long before covid, so we're well accustomed to working this way. We also have an amazing office in the Cotswolds with an on-site gym, fully stocked drinks fridge, and all the snacks. This role will be based primarily in office.
- Private healthcare. We offer Vitality health insurance, which offers perks such as free cinema tickets, discounted fitness trackers and discounted gym memberships.
- Referral programme. If you introduce us to an amazing person who joins us then we'll pay you £1,000 to say thank you.
- Regular team get togethers. We've escaped from zombies and swung through trees, hosted Dungeons and Dragon nights, LAN parties and creative evenings. There's something for everyone.
- A bigger team. We're part of a collection of companies (including Spinning Fox, Magnetic Rock and Secure Impact) which are run by the same leadership team. There are lots of opportunities for shared learning, and some epic summer parties.
About Helical Levity
We're the team that built CyberStart, a gamified education product for young adults.
Teaching cyber security to 13-18 year olds is hard. Really hard. It's a challenging subject that requires an unusual delivery mechanism to be effective for this age group. That's why our team built CyberStart, an innovative platform that gamifies cyber security education, and has now been used by over 200k students. In this, students take on the role of an agent in the cyber protection agency and get to hack, forensicate and code break their way through levels filled with a rich narrative, immersive design and realistic security labs. You can have a go here: CyberStart Go!
Our team combines a team of passionate and talented designers, developers and security researchers. Most of the team work remotely, but we do have an amazing office in Ascott- under-Wychwood, if an office environment is preferable for you!