We’re Houst. A professional management service for properties. Our mission is to make hosting on websites hassle-free for everyone using technology to disrupt the short-term accommodation sector. We’ve grown fast. Since launching in 2015, we’ve partnered with thousands of happy hosts, helping them to make important earnings.The business has now expanded worldwide – we’re operating in over 20 cities globally, from Auckland to Lisbon, and there’s a lot more to come. From holidaymakers to full-time landlords, host happiness is central to everything we do.
You will be the team’s Operations Manager. You will be responsible for all property-related enquiries which will include arranging and coordinating maintenance to attending our portfolio of properties. You will see the job through from scheduling to completion including updates on the job status to your team. You will also be responsible for any updates to both your team and our hosts.
You will also be checking on the quality of the cleans, ensuring that the cleans are done on time and to the standard we expect by referencing cleaner submitted images. You will also have to schedule cleans and give live support to cleaners when needed. You are the voice of the property. Your objective and responsibility are to ensure the property is available to be occupied as advertised.
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing world-class service to Houst Customers by managing any property related requirements through multiple contact channels such as email, phone and online chat.
As an Operations Manager, you are successful when: you consistently provide exceptional customer service to our clients and effectively manage both internal and external stakeholders.
You will often work with more complex issues, so thinking outside of the box, concise troubleshooting, outstanding communication skills and logical thinking is a must.
An Operations Associate will report directly to you and both will be responsible for the operational success of your pod.
- Build successful, long-lasting relationships with our teams and hosts.
- Be a point of escalations from the Guest Experience team and resolve issues to the highest possible level of satisfaction.
- Explain complex information in a concise manner to a variety of customers.
- Work with other teams to find the best solutions, resolve queries, and lodge resolution claims.
- Identify and use opportunities to increase customer retention and satisfaction.
- Feel empowered to make a decision on refunds and goodwill gestures using logic, company procedures and market knowledge.
- Contribute ideas to further improvement of processes and overall experience of Houst customers and guests.
- Investigate, prioritise and resolve complex issues.
- Handling escalations and complaints and providing support to the Team.
- Cleaner report checks
- Maintenance follow up and dashboard actions
- Deep cleaning upselling
- Responsible for Property's: inspections organisation, reports follow up and info audit
- Reviews follow up and actions
- Team player with superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferably have previous experience in a customer service environment or account management or Fast-paced Operations role.
- Previous experience or knowledge of typical property maintenance jobs would be a plus.
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical problems in "customer-friendly" language.
- Ability to think outside of the box and find creative ways to solve situations
- Confidence in decision-making and owning your cases.
- Well organised with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
- Work on a Rota basis. We operate 7 days a week. Shifts 8am - 5pm or 9am to 6pm UK time (GMT)
- A working understanding of holiday rentals is a plus.
- Previous experience working with Salesforce CRM is a plus.