About Finance Earth (formerly Environmental Finance)
Finance Earth is a mission-driven investment advisor and fund manager, working in partnership with world leading environmental organisations, such as RSPB, WWF and the National Trust, to protect and restore nature utilising market-based mechanisms, implementing bespoke financial tools and creating high impact investments.
We are a pioneering employee-owned social enterprise and are now the UK’s leading environmental impact investment advisor and fund manager, with a rapidly growing international mandate, providing strategic consultancy and corporate finance advice to many of the most impactful environmental organisations in the UK and across the globe.
Our fund management activities make us one of the largest environmental impact investors in the UK. Our current funds include a £50m initiative to transfer renewable energy assets into community ownership in partnership with Power to Change and Big Society Capital; PICNIC, the UK’s first impact investment fund for urban parks and greenspace; and the Blue Impact Fund, a joint initiative with WWF-UK to deliver significant impact to UK marine environment.
We work across a wide variety of the conservation, natural and built asset sectors on projects specifically structured to deliver significant impact for the environment, local communities whilst delivering fair returns for investors. Our team of experienced professionals all excel in their given fields and innovate to meet changing trends in government policy, sources of finance and market opportunities.
Finance Earth’s mission is to help catalyse the $300 - $400 billion of global investment needed each year to protect and restore ecosystems. We have now designed over £400 million of impact funds, and our vision is to have £1 billion under management within 5 years and £500 million designed in the next 3 years.
Examples of our work can be found on our website: Finance.Earth
Finance Earth are looking to recruit a Personal Assistant to help support the management team and our growing environmental impact investment advisory and transaction business. The role offers the chance to work in a team alongside market leading clients on the cutting edge of the emerging conservation investment market in the UK and internationally. We are also investors in our people, offering the opportunity for both technical and soft skills development, and unique experiences to grow both professionally and personally.
Finance Earth is looking for someone who can provide 37.5 hours work per week, based in our London (Vauxhall) Office.
- Supporting the senior management team which includes two Managing Directors and four Directors
- Gatekeeper and first point of contact for the senior management team
- Handling confidential matters with discretion
- Phone management taking clear and detailed messages
- Diary management and scheduling of meetings and appointments
- Coordination of expenses processing
- Facilitating travel arrangements including flights, trains, hotels, restaurants and taxis
- Coordinating and scheduling of Board Meetings
- Minute taking at Board and Committee meetings
- Collation and preparation of presentations
- Supporting the wider Finance Earth team in organising meetings and coordinating events
- Providing support to external visitors
- Overseeing the incoming and outgoing post and courier deliveries
- Providing support for staff working remotely
- Coordination of monitoring and ordering of office stationery and equipment
Skills and experience
You will have three to five (or more) years’ experience working as a Personal Assistant within a dynamic business environment.
Personal attributes, competencies and experience that we are looking for include:
- Enthusiastic, self-starter and strong team player
- Experience of diary management and expense management
- Excellent communication and relationship building capabilities, and an adaptable style
- Experience in providing support to clients and stakeholders
- Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks and deadlines
- We are a small team who work hard and have fun, so you’ll need energy, enthusiasm and be able to work well independently where required
- Minute taking for Board Meetings
- Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
Our people are our business; we work hard to ensure that they have fulfilling careers and a good work-life balance. We encourage training to make sure our staff are equipped to do their jobs to the best of their abilities and offer flexible working and generous holidays so that staff can both meet client expectations and personal goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Finance Earth can provide a superior experience for building and maintaining a professional career in finance - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow whilst delivering work that is highly impactful and beneficial for our planet. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Opportunity to earn £27,400+
- Base salary of £24,000 per annum
- Up to 10% of salary discretionary bonus and Christmas bonus of up to £1,000
- 25 days holiday plus 2-3 days free at Christmas (plus English bank holidays)
- Generous training budgets with learning and continuous development as a critical element of the way we work; we will support you with individual development.
How to Apply
If you think that you are the right person for this important role in our business, please apply by sending:
- A comprehensive CV
- A cover letter that includes as a minimum:
- A summary of the relevant experience you will be bringing to this role
Applications that do not include a cover letter will be immediately discounted.
Finance Earth is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the disciplines in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.