Title: Research and Impact Manager
Employment status: Full time
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Location: Remote, UK (must join us in our London office at least once a month)
Deadline: 13th May 2022, 11:59pm
Do it Now Now (DINN) is an open innovation organisation committed to the social empowerment to Black people through the provision of access to opportunities for social mobility through entrepreneurship and employment. We bring skilled talent, charities, social entrepreneurs, start-up teams, social innovators, investors and philanthropists together to address social challenges, solve problems and support the development of under-represented groups and Black communities specifically.
We have an unrivalled track record in understanding and supporting the needs of Black talent through research we have undertaken and the programmes we have delivered. Our team has deep experience and knowledge in the design and delivery of training programmes with 3 of the skills programmes we have designed being named Top in Europe by the Financial Times’ imprint Sifted in 2019. Our not so secret method is our propensity to put our participants at the heart of everything we do, underpinned by a strong impetus to collaborate with partners with sector knowledge. This is why we have received such praise as 'I felt like I was doing an MBA in 4 months', in relation to our business training program. We regularly receive 4 to 5 stars out of 5 from our beneficiaries and all have said they will recommend our programs to a friend. We are very proud of our beneficiary feedback.
Safeguarding: We are focused on ensuring our beneficiaries throughout all our programs are well supported and that safeguarding measures are put in place throughout all we do. Safer recruitment is a part of our overarching safeguarding policy. All volunteers, freelancers and staff are required to engage in safeguarding training before they start their work with us. Our processes are clearly set out and we make it everybody’s business to report issues as they see them.
Accessibility: In light of COVID, we are forced to move all our activities online. Therefore, we created our own accessibility policies for online activities that will ensure everyone that chooses to engage with us is able to do so effectively.
We are ready to hit the ground running. With the right candidate, we’ll move quickly and begin making a difference in Black communities straight away.
Purpose of the role
Our goal is to provide sector leading insight regarding what works for the empowerment and engagement of Black communities in a number of different contexts. Starting from our home base, our own initiatives, we want to share our insights and learnings with interested parties while also actively feeding back those learnings into our own work for increased impact. We’re looking for an experienced researcher and project manager who is ready to take the bones of what we have developed and turn it into something that can make a real long-term impact in the third sector, and beyond.
Support Do it Now Now to manage, learn from, and demonstrate the impact of our work:
- Develop impact measurement processes in line with best practice in the industry
- Support the research and legal ethics of processes
- Manage and coordinate a variety of impact measurement projects within the organisation.
- Support strategic direction and continued development of our impact driven work
- Lead development and delivery of our theory of change and evaluation plans
- Support the innovation teams to use external evidence in programme design
- Develop data and measurement tools
- Conduct case study visits and interviews
- Conduct internal evaluation meetings
- Analyse evaluation data
- Write evaluation and impact reports for internal and external audiences
- Experience of qualitative and quantitative research techniques, in addition to specific evaluation expertise, including developing theories of change and outcomes monitoring.
- Experience of applied evaluation within a community setting.
- Experience of making pragmatic decisions about the application of research principles to real-life situations, making good judgments in a variety of situations
- Experience of dealing with sensitive information
Knowledge skills and understanding
- Ability to use Theory of Change / Logic Model/ Outcomes Framework
- Understanding of research principles including sampling, validity and reliability, and statistical analysis
- Ability to develop quantitative research tools (e.g. surveys) and the ability to analyse quantitative data, including using Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Ability to develop qualitative research tools (e.g. focus groups, interview structures) and the ability to analyse qualitative data
- Understanding of social value and return on investment
- Knowledge of research ethics, safeguarding and GDPR
- Excellent attention to detail, organisation and time management skills
- Ability to train others through workshops
- Well-developed IT skills, including Microsoft Office and Cloud based tools like Google Drive, Atlassian products like Confluence
- Understanding and empathy with the needs of Black people and the work of Do it Now Now
- Understanding of the delivery context of Black-led organisations and the issues affecting them
- Ability to work within budgets and minimise costs
- You’re highly organised and self-motivated.
- You are an ambitious leader. You recognise the importance of what we are trying to achieve and see your role in that.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to find things, solve things, answer questions, reach people.
- You are passionate about the cause. You have a demonstrated interest and motivation to support young Black people to succeed in the digital and creative industries.
- You have sound judgement. You work independently, and when faced with issues react calmly and logically.
- You're a positive, solutions-oriented, and entrepreneurial individual with a drive for excellence.
- You can engage remotely and with autonomy.
- You’re a team player and manager, with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Do it Now Now is dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve—in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.
Thank you for your consideration.