Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Co-ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
We’re looking for a Finance Manager who can take ownership of our financial reporting in North America and support us as we grow our new markets in the US and Canada. You’ll own all reporting across the region, as well as lead on our audits, tax matters and regulatory filings.
You’ll also own aspects of our Group P&L, taking responsibility for preparing, posting and reviewing P&L sections across group entities in our monthly reporting. This could be tracking our Marketing spend through Growth or reconciling the costs we pay our partners in Costs of Sales. You'll also help design and implement new controls and processes to ensure the Finance function scales with business expansion whilst ensuring best practice is maintained.
This role will report to the Group Finance Controller.
- Management accounting -- Support our Group FC on monthly close, ensuring we maintain accurate and timely financial reporting for the Group through ownership over certain Group P&L lines
- Tax and audit -- lead on our US and Canada filings, collaborating closely with our tax advisors and auditors to ensure our annual accounts and returns (incl. income tax, share options, VAT, R&D, etc.) are filed on time and in accordance with local GAAP
- Financial systems and process improvements -- As we grow, you will drive new controls and processes, ensuring we remain a best-in-class finance function as we scale. This could be everything from developing new reconciliation processes to leading implementation of a new employee expense system
- Assist on special projects and analyses on an ad-hoc basis -- As we grow, we will continually face new challenges and opportunities, and you’ll be asked to jump in and support as needed by the Group FC
- Chartered accountant
- Experience working with both US GAAP and IFRS required, as you’ll need to translate accounts from IFRS to US GAAP
- Experience working in-house required (a plus if it was a start-up or FinTech!)
- Strong Excel or G Sheet skills
- Strong communication skills
- Detail-oriented -- you sweat the small stuff
- Highly organized and able to balance competing priorities, including across teams and with external partners
Benefits US (specifics depend on geography)
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited leave
- Flexible hours
- Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Work from home desk stipend
- Headspace Subscription
- Regular team events
- Learning and Development budget for your professional development needs
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.