About Low Carbon
Low Carbon is a leading renewable energy company committed to the development, investment and operation of renewable energy at scale. Low Carbon invests into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of renewable energy technologies including solar PV, wind, energy storage, waste-to-energy and energy efficiency.
Low Carbon, a certified B Corp, has a proven track record in the development, construction, financing and management of renewable energy assets and remains involved in the projects for the long term with a dedicated asset management team that manages assets on balance sheet and for third parties. With a significant international renewable energy pipeline in development, Low Carbon is well-positioned to capitalise on opportunities as the need for renewable energy and energy security increases.
Now with over a decade of operation, Low Carbon has formed a strategic partnership with the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) to build a leading global renewable energy Independent Power Producer (IPP), targeting 20GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030.
We are extremely proud of the highly professional and talented team at Low Carbon. We have built a positive learning culture that incorporates respect, trust, collaboration, and a shared passion to combat Climate Change. It is an open, friendly and supportive environment, and we are proud to say we work here. As we grow, we are committed to increasing diversity in the team, and continuing to foster an inclusive environment where we can learn from each other.
The purpose of this position is to support tax compliance, planning and efficiency for the Low Carbon Group. The Tax Manager will take ownership for Low Carbon’s corporation and operational tax compliance. Supporting the Senior Tax Manager on an ad-hoc basis, with tax planning for transactions, both buy-side and sell-side. This role encompasses the entire Low Carbon Group including Head Office, operational companies, development SPV’s, holding companies and Fund entities. It involves working closely with the Senior Tax Manager and Finance team, as well as partnering with the investment teams. This is a newly created position in order to support the growth of the business.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and an awareness of multiple taxes and jurisdictions. This role sits with the Corporate Finance team and will report to the Senior Tax Manager.
- Primary responsibility for coordinating preparation of the UK tax returns, claims and elections, statutory accounts provisioning with associated tax planning work
- Coordination of overseas tax compliance work to ensure it is completed on a timely basis, being the main point of contact with finance managers and overseas advisers
- Preparation and review of other tax returns including the UK VAT Returns and review of overseas VAT returns prepared by service providers (e.g. Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Poland and other jurisdictions in in line with the growth of the Group)
- Manage compliance and filing obligations for other indirect taxes
- Assistance with implementing and maintaining transfer pricing policy and documentation across the group
- Primary responsibility for dealing with tax audit enquiries in the UK and providing assistance to manage overseas tax audits
- Providing expert advice to all parts of the company on tax legislation and ensuring the business remains compliant in the future, including transfer pricing, CIR, SSE, DAC6 etc) on an ongoing basis
- Manage day to day relationship with Group tax advisors and tax compliance service providers
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships internally and externally
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Able to demonstrate experience of suggesting pragmatic solutions to problems and conclude where appropriate
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Robust and able to manage in a rapidly changing environment and challenge the status quo
- Experience of working to multiple deadlines
Education and Qualifications
- Degree educated with a tax and/or accounting qualification or equivalent
- Experience of mixed tax compliance and transactional experience gained in-house or in an accounting/consulting firm
- VAT experience is essential, other indirect tax experience would be advantageous
- Tax advisory experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Technically competent and familiar with UK tax legislation with some cross-border experience
- Experience understanding complex structures
- Renewable energy experience and/or infrastructure investments would be valuable
- Experience of working with fund management would also be useful
- 26 days holiday plus your birthday off
- Discretionary Bonus
- Annual Bupa Health Check
- Private Healthcare for you and your family (medical history disregarded)
- Contributory Pension
- Cycle scheme
- Sodexo for commercial discounts and perks