Waste is one of the world’s biggest problems and the only viable solution is an accelerated transition to a global circular economy. Today, according to the OECD, only 9% of the world’s plastic has ever been recycled, with the rest ending up in landfills and incinerators. This is partly due to the high cost of manual waste sorting, but at Recycleye, we are changing that.
We’re reinventing the economics of recycling for the global waste management industry through intelligent waste sorting automation robotics. Our team is on a mission to turn the world’s waste into resource, by combining ground-breaking computer vision, machine learning and robotics technologies like never before.
Our goal is to fully automate the $2.5 trillion waste recycling industry and to achieve it, we are being supported by global players such as Microsoft, FANUC and Arrow Electronics. We already count several of the world’s largest waste management companies amongst our clients and are experiencing accelerated growth. Our values are empowerment, inclusivity and perseverance and we work as a team to succeed.
We are looking for a Technical Sales Manager to join our busy Commercial team and help us continue our growth. This is a key role for Recycleye, in which a high-performing sales professional will spearhead the growth of new sales by managing and developing a strong pipeline to prospect, qualify and close new opportunities. You will also be involved in visiting client sites to evaluate technical and commercial needs, building technical proposals and working with clients until contract signature. You will be an ambassador and relationship builder who will establish the commercial basis for good cooperation with clients ranging from small (family owned businesses with one facility) to large (publicly traded businesses with +100 facilities) industrial waste management companies.
- Build long-term relationships with clients, provide technical consultation and advice on how Recycleye products fit within their processes (average 6 month sales cycle).
- Build an in-depth understanding the recycling process on a technical and commercial level.
- Identify and prioritize new prospects by leveraging existing Recycleye partners/networks, market/industry research and using cold outreach.
- Visit waste facilities (measure belts for robot installs, take videos, understand client requirements) and craft proposals in line with Recycleye guidelines and brand. Co-ordinate with internal teams to validate and develop winning deployments.
- Analyse and understand technical site/process drawings
- Effectively communicate Recycleye’s attractive value proposition through proposals and presentations and work with clients to compute their ROI for budgetary approval of Recycleye’s technology/services.
- Develop new and creative ways of improving our processes, metrics, sales operations.
- A STEM or Engineering background/understanding is recommended.
- Mid to Senior level previous sales experience is required.
- Understanding of long sales cycles in B2B enterprise. Building trust and long-term relationships with clients by demonstrating deep technical understanding of large-scale industrial processes and listening to customer needs/problems.
- High-level of motivation with a structured, results-driven approach.
- Proficiency in German or a second language is a bonus.
- Excellent communicator with ability to build relationships at all levels across an organisation.
- Driving licence is a bonus.
- Shares in the company
- Progression: We are growing rapidly and you are expected to grow with the company as we scale
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Plenty of opportunities for training and personal development
- Healthcare coverage