About Low Carbon
Low Carbon is a leading renewable energy company committed to the development, investment and operation of renewable energy at scale. Low Carbon invests into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of renewable energy technologies including solar PV, wind, energy storage, waste-to-energy and energy efficiency.
Low Carbon, a certified B Corp, has a proven track record in the development, construction, financing and management of renewable energy assets and remains involved in the projects for the long term with a dedicated asset management team that manages assets on balance sheet and for third parties. With a significant international renewable energy pipeline in development, Low Carbon is well-positioned to capitalise on opportunities as the need for renewable energy and energy security increases.
Now with over a decade of operation, Low Carbon has formed a strategic partnership with the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) to build a leading global renewable energy Independent Power Producer (IPP), targeting 20GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030.
We are extremely proud of the highly professional and talented team at Low Carbon. We have built a positive learning culture that incorporates respect, trust, collaboration, and a shared passion to combat climate change. It is an open, friendly and supportive environment, and we are proud to say we work here. As we grow, we are committed to increasing diversity in the team, and continuing to foster an inclusive environment where we can learn from each other.
We are hiring a Senior Stakeholder Manager to join the UK Development Team with a focus supporting the onshore wind development team in Scotland. The team is based in a brand new Glasgow office but as this role will require regular travel around Scotland, candidates working from bases in areas such as Inverness or Perth could also be considered. You are likely to be in Glasgow on a regular basis so must be willing and able to travel. As we are developing a large portfolio of onshore wind projects we are looking for an individual to take on responsibility for all stakeholder engagement across a range of projects phase. This role will cover projects from inception to construction and you will need to be able to deal with several projects at the same time. As a key public facing member of the team, you will also be comfortable dealing with a variety of stakeholders and representing Low Carbon in a professional manner.
The role presents a great opportunity to join a leading renewable energy development team with a great culture of teamwork and collaboration. It is a newly created role so it would suit an individual who is prepared to grab an opportunity and make it their own. As the development portfolio grows, the successful candidate will be responsible for growing and building a team delivering class leading stakeholder and community engagement. While we will support and guide you as you establish the position, you’ll be given a lot of autonomy so you will need to be a self-starter. You will ideally bring an energy to the role which will shine through in your interactions with the team and the wide variety of stakeholders.
- Take over existing stakeholder relationships from the earlier stage development leads
- Develop and grow the stakeholder engagement team to meet the development portfolio needs
- Integrate and manage new team members into the development team
- Be responsible for ensuring that local stakeholders are notified of upcoming development activities and are updated periodically
- Managing the delivery of the stakeholder engagement plans throughout the development period
- Manage the project websites and keep them maintained and updated
- Provide timely and professional responses to any enquiries raised by local stakeholders including maintaining an accurate and detailed audit trail
- Attend local authority and community council meetings (either online or face-to-face, which could also take place in evenings) including webinars for updates
Skills & Experience
- Ideally you will have previous direct experience in a stakeholder engagement role including managing teams delivering successful engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including confidence talking on the phone
- Confidence in engaging with a wide variety of people and an ability to summarise technical information effectively
- An ability to manage external consultants to deliver work on time and to budget
- An ability to work and multi-task under pressure and respond quickly to changing situations with projects
- Computer literacy (MS Office) is essential and familiarity with cloud-based project management software would be useful. You will specifically need a strong grounding in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An ability to write and communicate informatively and accurately
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail. Ideally you can show evidence of an organised approach to task / project management and an ability to structure and prioritise work effectively
- Be someone that will focus on taking tasks through to completion and not leave the last 5% unfinished
- Willing and able to travel and occasionally work out of normal office hours
- Full driver’s license
- Proven ability to work and communicate with remote colleagues
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- 26 days holiday plus your birthday off
- Discretionary Bonus
- Annual Bupa Health Check
- Private Healthcare for you and your family (medical history disregarded)
- Contributory Pension
- Cycle scheme
- Sodexo for commercial discounts and perks