About Low Carbon
Low Carbon is a global renewable energy company committed to the development and operation of renewable energy at scale. Low Carbon invests into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of renewable energy technologies including solar PV, wind, energy storage, waste-to-energy and energy efficiency.
Low Carbon, a certified B Corp, has a proven track record in the development, construction, financing and management of renewable energy assets and remains involved in the projects for the long term with a dedicated asset management team that manages assets on balance sheet and for third parties. With a significant international renewable energy pipeline in development, Low Carbon is well-positioned to capitalize on opportunities as the need for renewable energy and energy security increases.
With over a decade of operation, Low Carbon formed a strategic partnership with the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) in late 2021 to continue to expand and build a leading global renewable energy Independent Power Producer (IPP), targeting 20GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030. As part of this expansion, Low Carbon has entering the North American renewable energy market where Low Carbon is leveraging its core capabilities to build a best-in-class renewable team, pipeline and platform.
We are extremely proud of the highly professional and talented team at Low Carbon. We have built a positive learning culture that incorporates respect, trust, collaboration, and a shared passion to combat climate change. It is an open, friendly and supportive environment, and we are proud to say we work here. As we grow, we are committed to increasing diversity in the team, and continuing to foster an inclusive environment where we can learn from each other.
The North American Investments Team at Low Carbon is responsible for early / mid stage project acquisitions and project financial modeling for utility-scale wind, solar and energy storage projects in the US and Canada. The Investments Manager will be responsible for financial modeling for pipeline projects in alignment with Low Carbon's strategy in North America. The role will be based in the San Francisco Bay area but will consider remote employment for the right fit.
- Financial modeling of wind, solar and storage projects that are in the development pipeline or that are acquisition or JV partnership opportunities
- Responsibility for maintaining and updating project financial model templates
- Support preparation of Investment Committee materials for development / acquisition / JV projects in alignment with company strategy and goals; includes development spend requests, off-take contract executions and project acquisitions and JV partnerships
- Interface with subject matter experts, including engineering, legal, procurement, and construction personnel, as needed to generate project financial forecasts, including key project assumptions, total project budget and financial returns
- A friendly, approachable and professional manner
- An excellent communicator who builds trusted relationships with people at all levels
- Energetic, reliable, adaptable and used to using their initiative
- Highly organised, great attention to detail and a focus on getting things done
- Have a ‘hands on’ approach, visible across the business with good communication and other interpersonal skills
- Be an enthusiastic and committed team player who will work well with the Team’s key customers and stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- Prior work experience in financial modeling; prior wind, solar or storage modeling is a plus
- Ability to coordinate with multidisciplinary internal and external teams to ensure project financial model assumptions are accurate
- Proven analytical skills and presentation skills
- 26 days holiday plus your birthday off
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual Discretionary bonus
- Healthcare, Dental & Vision provided by United Healthcare, Delta Dental, & Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Low Carbon Covers 100% of the employee premium, and 50% of dependents premium
- Life Insurance at 2x salary, plus accident & disability coverage
- Fidelity 401(k)