About Low Carbon
Low Carbon is a leading renewable energy company committed to the development, investment and operation of renewable energy at scale. Low Carbon invests into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of renewable energy technologies including solar PV, wind, energy storage, waste-to-energy and energy efficiency.
Low Carbon, a certified B Corp, has a proven track record in the development, construction, financing and management of renewable energy assets and remains involved in the projects for the long term with a dedicated asset management team that manages assets on balance sheet and for third parties. With a significant international renewable energy pipeline in development, Low Carbon is well-positioned to capitalise on opportunities as the need for renewable energy and energy security increases.
Now with over a decade of operation, Low Carbon has formed a strategic partnership with the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) to build a leading global renewable energy Independent Power Producer (IPP), targeting 20GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030.
We are extremely proud of the highly professional and talented team at Low Carbon. We have built a positive learning culture that incorporates respect, trust, collaboration, and a shared passion to combat Climate Change. It is an open, friendly and supportive environment, and we are proud to say we work here. As we grow, we are committed to increasing diversity in the team, and continuing to foster an inclusive environment where we can learn from each other.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, this is a newly created role within our Corporate Finance team, with opportunities for development and progression. The role particularly focusses on renewable energy projects at various stages in their life cycles. The person in this role will also have exposure to the wider organisation and be involved in a variety of projects as the team and business grows.
- Preparing monthly management reports for a portfolio of renewable energy SPV’s in construction and soon to be operational. The investments are held in different currencies and across a number of jurisdictions
- Providing commentary on budget and forecast variances
- Preparing monthly consolidations for sub-groups within the wider Low Carbon group
- Working closely with overseas service providers to ensure the accuracy of financial information and adherence to reporting timelines
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and liaising with external auditors
- Assisting with updating, improving and implementing accounting procedures and processes
Personal and Business Skills
- A confident communicator who can present complex financial information clearly and concisely
- A positive attitude and collaborative working style, with the ability to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
- A strong multi-tasker, adept at preparing reports for a large number of companies and meeting internal reporting deadlines
- A practical hands-on person, stepping in and helping team with all deliverables
- Excellent time management skills, with a committed focus on accuracy and detail
- A growth mindset, keen to learn and take on new challenges
- Able to adapt to change and operate in a dynamic, fast growing organisation
- Able to contribute insights and analysis for strategic discussion and decision making
Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant - ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience of management accounting and reporting within a demanding, high growth business
- Experience with reporting and consolidating across multiple currencies and jurisdictions
- Exposure within the renewable energy sector or demonstrable interest the industry
- Language skills including Dutch, German, Polish and Swedish would be beneficial but not essential
- 26 days holiday plus your birthday off
- Discretionary Bonus
- Annual Bupa Health Check
- Private Healthcare for you and your family (medical history disregarded)
- Contributory Pension
- Cycle scheme
- Sodexo for commercial discounts and perks