About Low Carbon
Low Carbon is a leading renewable energy company committed to the development, investment and operation of renewable energy at scale. Low Carbon invests into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of renewable energy technologies including solar PV, wind, energy storage, waste-to-energy and energy efficiency.
Low Carbon, a certified B Corp, has a proven track record in the development, construction, financing and management of renewable energy assets and remains involved in the projects for the long term with a dedicated asset management team that manages assets on balance sheet and for third parties. With a significant international renewable energy pipeline in development, Low Carbon is well-positioned to capitalise on opportunities as the need for renewable energy and energy security increases.
Now with over a decade of operation, Low Carbon has formed a strategic partnership with the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) to build a leading global renewable energy Independent Power Producer (IPP), targeting 20GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030.
We are extremely proud of the highly professional and talented team at Low Carbon. We have built a positive learning culture that incorporates respect, trust, collaboration, and a shared passion to combat Climate Change. It is an open, friendly and supportive environment, and we are proud to say we work here. As we grow, we are committed to increasing diversity in the team, and continuing to foster an inclusive environment where we can learn from each other.
The H&S Advisor will sit within the QHSE Team and report directly to the H&S Specialist while supporting all areas across the company including the QHSE, Development, and the Asset management Team through a Health & Safety Advisory role.
- Carry out regular audits (operational & Construction) to ensure compliance and best practices are followed
- Foster and support a progressive, non-blame H&S culture
- Support the business in the areas of Quality, Health, safety and environmental compliance
- Support / educate staff in relevant Health and Safety standards, legislation and good industry practice
- Assist with the development of a best-in-class EPC tender process
- Support the continued development of Integrated Management System and assist with ISO recertifications,
- Tracking incident metrics and reporting findings/recommending solutions
- Support the company with accreditations such as ISO 9001 & 45001
- Co-Develop, deliver and co-ordinate an Emergency Response Test process for Operational team
- Support the Identification of market leading EHS management software and develop business case for investment
- Audit Low Carbon, businesses and offices on a regular basis with regard to health, safety, environment and security, document findings and ensure workplace hazards are identified and any recommendations implemented
- Co- Investigate all accidents, dangerous occurrences and near miss incidents, produce reports and provide recommendations to prevent recurrence
Skills & Experience
A QHSE Advisor should have demonstrable experience of Health & Safety Management in a relevant industry or a related field. Prior experience in risk assessment, operations management and quality control with a background in the relevant industry is required along with being able to provide evidence of being / having:
- In depth knowledge of safety regulations – HASWA/CDM/MHSWR etc.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully managing the compliance on construction and operational assets
- A good technical knowledge of electricity generation and solar park technology in particular
- Good contractual understanding and awareness of managing EPC and O&M contracts
- Competent when dealing with quality standards, best practise procedures, technical specifications and regulatory requirements
- Research & analytical skills – to align with Company safety KPI’s
- Risk Management – Development of Risk Assessments/Method Statements
- An understanding of ISO Accreditations
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with all stakeholder groups including OEMs, contractors and clients
- A self-starter with a passion for the renewable energy industry, desire for success and the willingness to challenge the status quo in order to maximise assets’ ROI safely following best practise guidelines
- 26 days holiday plus your birthday off
- Discretionary Bonus
- Annual Bupa Health Check
- Private Healthcare for you and your family (medical history disregarded)
- Contributory Pension
- Cycle scheme
- Sodexo for commercial discounts and perks