About Low Carbon
Low Carbon creates renewable energy to fight climate change. We’re building a net-zero energy company that will power tomorrow and protect the planet for future generations.
Low Carbon was established in 2011 with one goal in mind: to make the biggest contribution possible in the fight against climate change. The aim is to play a key role in the historic effort to move the world to 100% renewable energy.
We are a long-standing certified B-Corporation, and recognised as gold standard for environmental impact. Low Carbon’s climate ambitions are to become one of the world’s first major net-zero energy companies and to have created 20GW of new renewable energy capacity by 2030.
Low Carbon has formed a strategic partnership with the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) to build a leading global renewable energy Independent Power Producer. Low Carbon is committed to the development, investment and operation of renewable energy at scale. Low Carbon invests into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of renewable energy technologies including solar PV, wind, energy storage, waste-to-energy and energy efficiency.
With a significant international renewable energy pipeline in development, Low Carbon is well-positioned to capitalise on opportunities as the need for renewable energy and energy security increases.
We are extremely proud of the highly professional and talented team at Low Carbon. We have built a positive learning culture that incorporates respect, trust, collaboration, and a shared passion to combat climate change. It is an open, friendly and supportive environment, and we are proud to say we work here. As we grow, we are committed to increasing diversity in the team, and continuing to foster an inclusive environment where we can learn from each other.
Low Carbon is on a mission. Together, we will power tomorrow.
We are looking for an expert (f/m/d) grid connection specialist for renewable energy who will responsibly take over and optimise the grid connections of our photovoltaic, wind energy and energy storage projects, act as the interface to the grid operators and thus advance the realisation of our renewable energy projects.
- All activities related to grid connection planning for renewable energy projects in the field of medium and high voltage level
- Ensuring grid connections for the new projects and interfaces to the grid operators
- Discussion at eye level with regard to grid connection applications, grid connection points, standards and certifications
- Preparation of concept studies, yield simulations, draft plans for approval procedures as well as implementation plans (focus on the grid, but also on the projects themselves), cost estimates
- A focus on the evaluation of third party planning and solutions (development partners or in the context of acquisitions)
- Development and expansion of know-how on relevant system components
- Intensive exchange with relevant network operators and associated organisations
- Monitoring and operationalisation of technical and relevant regulatory developments and standards
- Deepen the understanding of the electrical properties of PV systems and their interaction with other electrical systems
- Exchange and cooperation with existing teams
- Ensuring optimal cooperation within the development team, consisting of developers, engineers, project, contract and acceptance managers as well as a network of external development partners
- A friendly, approachable and professional demeanour
- Energetic, reliable, adaptable and used to showing initiative
- Excellent organisation, great attention to detail and focus on getting things done
- You have a practical approach, are an enthusiastic and committed team player and have good communication skills
Skills & Experience
- Fluent German and English
- Demonstrable professional experience with grid connection planning, ideally for large solar or wind projects at all voltage levels
- University degree in electrical engineering or comparable studies
- Knowledge of the local electricity market and the local energy sector
- 30 days holiday
- Work in a modern and future-oriented industry
- Attractive salary, plus bonus programme
- Company pension scheme
- Mobile working possible
- Modern technology at your own workplace
- Regular team events, training and education
- Free fruit and vegetable boxes and free drinks