About Low Carbon
Low Carbon creates renewable energy to fight climate change. We’re building a net-zero energy company that will power tomorrow and protect the planet for future generations.
Low Carbon was established in 2011 with one goal in mind: to make the biggest contribution possible in the fight against climate change. The aim is to play a key role in the historic effort to move the world to 100% renewable energy.
We are a long-standing certified B-Corporation, and recognised as gold standard for environmental impact. Low Carbon’s climate ambitions are to become one of the world’s first major net-zero energy companies and to have created 20GW of new renewable energy capacity by 2030.
Low Carbon has formed a strategic partnership with the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) to build a leading global renewable energy Independent Power Producer. Low Carbon is committed to the development, investment and operation of renewable energy at scale. Low Carbon invests into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of renewable energy technologies including solar PV, wind, energy storage, waste-to-energy and energy efficiency.
With a significant international renewable energy pipeline in development, Low Carbon is well-positioned to capitalise on opportunities as the need for renewable energy and energy security increases.
We are extremely proud of the highly professional and talented team at Low Carbon. We have built a positive learning culture that incorporates respect, trust, collaboration, and a shared passion to combat climate change. It is an open, friendly and supportive environment, and we are proud to say we work here. As we grow, we are committed to increasing diversity in the team, and continuing to foster an inclusive environment where we can learn from each other.
Low Carbon is on a mission. Together, we will power tomorrow.
We are looking for a Project Development Manager (m/f/d) who will responsibly take over the development of our wind energy projects and drive the implementation of our strategic goals. This includes managing the project developers. This position requires a positive attitude, perseverance, openness and passion for climate change. The role consists of monitoring and managing permitting processes, applying for planning permission, various investigations, assessments, reports, ensuring approvals, securing grid connections and developing an investment plan, including budget management (DEVEX responsibility). Regular travel is mandatory for this task.
- Control of the approval process and the attainment of construction-ready status for wind energy projects
- Head of the project development department and associated personnel management
- Commissioning and administration of all permits, licences and planning procedures required for the implementation of new projects
- Participation in obtaining land use plan amendments and (building) permits, maintaining relations with all authorities involved and constant monitoring of the planning procedures
- Management of studies, technical reports and all documents required for the technical-administrative management of the project, as well as preparation of reports and analysis of these documents.
- Assist in the financing and construction of the projects and in the development of local operating agreements
- A friendly, approachable and professional manner
- An excellent communicator who builds trusted relationships with people at all levels
- Energetic, reliable, adaptable and used to using their initiative
- Highly organised, great attention to detail and a focus on getting things done
- Have a ‘hands on’ approach, visible across the business with good communication and other interpersonal skills
- Be an enthusiastic and committed team player who will work well with the Team’s key customers and stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- Fluent German and English
- Experience in a similar position in an international/national company in the field of renewable energy
- Experience with approval and authorisation procedures in Germany
- Experience with tendering procedures and PPAs in Germany
- A good network within the wind energy sector
- University degree with commercial or technical background or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of the local electricity market and the local energy sector
- Class B driving licence
- 30 days holiday
- Work in a modern and future-oriented industry
- Attractive salary, plus bonus programme
- Company pension scheme
- Mobile working possible
- Modern technology at your own workplace
- Regular team events, training and education
- Free fruit and vegetable boxes and free drinks