South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Senior Managing Consultant is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice to international, regional and/or local clients. Your focus will be on advising corporate clients to help them understand and quantify their climate risks and opportunities, where you will support the delivery of large, strategic mandates as well as the development of new products, solutions and tools relating to South Pole’s risks and opportunities service offer. You will be fully accountable for the development and overall management of proposals and implementation of projects relating to climate change scenario analysis, risks and opportunities identification, and integration into corporate risk management, for which you will supervise project teams of varying sizes. You will provide technical guidance to the project teams and act as the main point of contact for the client.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation, with close oversight of the entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Interact and build relationships with our international, regional and local clients and manage the timely delivery of mandates and to further broaden or deepen the relationship with follow-on mandates that support them in their climate journey
- Develop proposals with the Key Account Management team and regularly generate own leads, actively contributing to the business development activities of the company.
- Experience for corporate clients in one or more of the following areas: TCFD alignment; climate scenario analysis; GHG accounting in line with best practice methodologies; target-setting (SBTs); environmental policy analysis; sustainability reporting (CDP, TCFD, EU Taxonomy, CSRD etc).
- Excellent project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and proven ability to guide project teams in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context.
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills.
- Industry-relevant connections, with a network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. research/academic institutions and tool providers).
- Very strong analytical skills and mindset.
- Strong quantitative and data analysis skills, with moderate to advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating and reviewing high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables).
- Demonstrable commercial skills and good business sense so as to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A Master’s degree or wider training in a sustainability or business/economics/finance related discipline.
- Practical experience in GHG accounting, risk management, modelling (financial, environmental, etc), sustainability/climate change strategy development, energy efficiency/ GHG management, target setting (SBTs / NZ), and/or disclosure (e.g. CDP, TCFD).
- Knowledge of the energy sector and current / future developments will be an advantage.
- Strong quantitative skills (data analysis/visualisation and advanced Excel a bonus).
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word and Excel.
- Diligent, reliable and proactive.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
- Advanced prioritisation and time management skills.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.