Currently, venture capital funds are restricted to high net worth investors, with minimum investment levels as high as £250,000. Further is democratising this space, opening up venture capital to all investors, with minimum investments from £500.
Further has just raised a pre-seed round from a range of investors, including Antler, and are planning to launch shortly.
Your role as a Tech Consultant
- Monthly reviews of the quality of the build delivered by our outsourced development team
- Consulting with the team on key technical decisions in advance of each project stage (generally once a month)
- Ensuring key processes, such as unit testing, are carried out
- Ensuring development best practices are followed
- Consulting with the co-founders on the long-term development plan.
We anticipate that this will be around 10 hours per month, although this will likely be more at the early stages as the build so far is reviewed and suggested processes are discussed.
- Experience of working in a high-quality development team, with good knowledge of best practices
- Experience with MongoDB, ExpressJs, ReactJs and NodeJs
Due to the limited time required, this role is perfect for an individual looking to join a high-potential startup at an early stage, in a part-time capacity.
Working with Further
- Be part of a dynamic, ambitious team, and help us bring substantial change to the venture capital industry
- Work in a fast-paced environment, putting your ideas into action
- A highly qualified team, dedicated to making Further a huge success
What you can expect from Further
- Competitive hourly fee
- Share scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- The opportunity to get in at the ground level of a growing team. As we grow, there is the potential for this role to grow into a full CTO role.