This is an exciting, fast-paced role that offers broad exposure to business development, sales and marketing functions and the opportunity to contribute significantly to a core function of the business. You will be involved in leading The Supplant Company’s B2B commercialisation efforts with global multinational CPG and FMCG companies. You will be responsible for managing relationships and projects with the company’s existing base of multinational customers, working to secure commercial activations that align with the company’s commercial, regulatory and operational considerations, as well as developing new relationships and projects within and beyond our existing customer base.
Reporting to, and supported by, the Head of Business Development, your key duties and responsibilities will involve:
- With senior management, lead on planning, design and execution of commercial projects related to the company’s commercialisation objectives.
- Stakeholder management and project management with new and existing customers
- Complete sales cycle management, including: prospecting, arranging and supporting ingredient trials, and planning product launches.
- With senior management and legal counsel, negotiating appropriate legal agreements
- Providing outstanding customer service by educating customers about the ingredient, providing support throughout their ingredient evaluation processes and compiling appropriate sales collateral.
- Proactively identifying gaps in areas of customer interest and recommending internal/external work to ensure these areas are addressed with appropriate sales collateral.
- Build and manage a team to meet the company’s commercialisation objectives. Analyse & present the team’s results both in writing and orally to update senior management.
- Demonstrating high level of energy and professionalism when representing the company
- Assessing our sales processes and continuously questioning how to improve the way we operate
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience working across relevant commercial functions including but not limited to working with/within multinational companies in FMCG, food ingredients or related industries; proven track record of success in past roles.
- Experience with stakeholder management, project management, and developing and executing commercial strategies.
- Ability to undertake multiple projects simultaneously to deliver against tight deadlines and to contribute both as part of a team and individually.
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage teams, with evidence of strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and attention to detail, with experience of report preparation and delivering presentations to various audiences.
- Proven ability to understand and negotiate legal agreements in conjunction with legal counsel.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, with a scientific and/or technical background.
- Strong work ethic - prepared to put in extra hours when then are really needed.
- Passion for disruptive technologies, products and making a difference.
- Salary: £55,000-70,000 for the right candidate, dependent on experience and extent to which the job specification is met.
- Stock options package.
- Full-time permanent position – 37.5 hours / week.
- Company pension plan (Royal London).
- 31 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays).
- Work on the prestigious Cambridge Science Park.
- We look to grow our employees with the business.