Corporate grad schemes are dull, low impact, and no longer the route to get the skills grads need to succeed in the commercial world.
Start-ups are high impact, the source of innovative business models that are solving problems for customers and the world at large. However grads are still being told that the corporate world is where you should start. 1000s of our best and brightest sleepwalk their way into the usual banking, consulting, and other large corporate grad schemes.
At Jumpstart, we are dedicated to changing this. Not only do we provide the only real route for grads to work in these start-ups, but we do it with a programme that puts the applicant at the centre of recruitment in a way that has never happened before.
We launched in August 2020, and unlike most start-ups, are profitable in Y1.
However, we are just getting started. We believe our model can be applied to several different roles and types of people in the future, not just graduates.
How does Jumpstart work?
Every 8 weeks, we select the top 1-2% of graduate applicants and put them through a four week programme that flips the job hunt on its head. They are:
- Pitched to by 40+ start-up founders looking to hire them
- Receive 40 hours of hands-on training in key workplace skills
- Fast tracked through a two-week interview process with their hand-picked choice of start-ups
Then, once they start their role, we mentor them, arrange Jumpstart-specific events, and welcome them into the fast growing community of 100+ Jumpstarters.
We want you to own our marketing strategy & execution for graduates. That means building a marketing engine to rapidly scale up the number of graduates applying to Jumpstart. This might include:
- Building a brand from the ground up. Build out a unique brand that disrupts the graduate recruitment market
- Building partnerships. Perhaps that's with universities, clubs, societies or wherever else you might find graduates
- Establishing social media presence. Manage our social media presence and help build out our own tone of voice
- Boosting access for under-represented groups. Make sure our D&I inclusion targets are being achieved
- Paid & digital marketing. Set up & run our digital advertising initiatives
- Explore new channels. How else might we spread the word? Videos? TikTok?
- Seeing what works. We want you to test, monitor, analyse, and optimise different channels to driver a high ROI
What we are looking for
- Financial compensation: £40k-£50k salary; options & pensions contributions after 3 month probationary period
- Holiday allowance: 28 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Impact: complete autonomy to build and scale a brand that is disrupting the traditional grad scheme trap, with the power to change career trajectories of 1000s of grads for the better
- Personal development: we run bi-monthly 360 degree feedback sessions, will fund any additional courses you think are needed to fulfil your potential role. We would see you transitioning into our CMO in the future
- Start-up network: this is one of the best networking opportunities you can have in the start-up world (we work with 500+ start-ups and quickly growing)
- Location: We are London based and like to meet 1-2 days a week, but are open to remote working
- Other benefits: laptop, monitor & home office setup, activity budget of £250 p/y
- Step 1: Apply here
- Step 2: 20-30 minute "get to know one another" interview
- Step 3: Case study interview, exploring how you might run a particular marketing campaign
- Step 4: Final interview with all three of us