Redemption Roasters are on a mission to reduce reoffending rates through coffee.
We believe exceptional coffee can come from people and places you wouldn’t expect; at our roastery in HMP The Mount, we train offenders in coffee industry skills with the aim of reducing reoffending in the UK. Upon release, we help our graduates find work in our own coffee shops, or within our network.
As a social enterprise, we think differently to other specialty coffee companies; we strive for profit in order to achieve our purpose. Every member of the Redemption Roasters team has a role to play in achieving that purpose; to challenge perceptions and change lives through Speciality coffee.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant.
In this role, you'll work under the Head of Finance and be a key member of the Finance department, providing support in its day-to-day activities. You’ll undertake a range of administrative accounting and business tasks, working with key stakeholders across Redemption’s business channels.
The role would suit a recent graduate with a degree in a relevant discipline or someone with junior experience in accounting or a finance department.
The role is based at our offices in Bloomsbury (soon to be King’s Cross). We require office attendance five days per week; this is not a remote job.
This is a really exciting time to be joining Redemption. In the next 6 months, we are opening up to three new coffee shops, a new HQ and a second out-of-prison training centre. We are also working with more ex-offenders and other beneficiaries than ever before.
You can learn more about us on Instagram @RedemptionRoasters and at https://www.redemptionroasters.com/
Your duties will include:
- Day-to-day accounting and administrative tasks to support the Finance Department
- Processing expenses and invoices
- Assisting with payroll
- Bank reconciliation
- Communication with debtors and creditors including credit control
- Collecting monthly direct debits and making payments
- Overseeing client accounts
- Assisting with month-end and year-end processes including production of trading reports
- Assisting with drafting financial policies
- Support with tax submissions
- Support with budget preparation
- Working with finance-related IT systems
- Maintaining the company’s asset list and balance sheet
- Monitoring data and identifying discrepancies
- Basic financial modeling
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A 2.1 or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline from a noteworthy institution
- Some experience of finance or accounting (desirable)
- Formal accounting or finance qualifications (desirable)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Rigorous organisational skills
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Xero or other accounting software
- Knowledge of bookkeeping
At Redemption, you’ll receive:
- The opportunity to impact people’s lives through our social mission of helping ex-offenders back into work and learning skills
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 28 days holiday per annum (including public holidays)
- Free coffee and tea at all our cafes
- 50% staff discount on bags of coffee in our cafes and online
- Free gym membership
- Departmental dinners twice per year
- Company-wide socials every two months
- 1x Christmas and 1x Summer party
- 3 professional development days allowance per year
- Discretionary bonuses
- Cycle to work scheme
Equality and diversity.
Redemption Roasters is an international and multicultural business with customers, suppliers, and employees from across the globe. Fostering diversity in the workplace is both right and good for business. Gender, belief, ethnicity, origins, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, age or history of incarceration doesn't matter. If you perform, you'll fit in, whoever you are. We welcome applications from people with backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in the speciality coffee industry.
How to apply.
To apply for this role, complete our application form here: https://form.jotformeu.com/203513136942349
Applications will be reviewed and processed on an ongoing basis. We will not wait for the deadline to progress candidates. So, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Due to the volume of applications we typically receive, we are unable to respond to candidates who are unsuccessful at the initial application stage.