Head of Hub Sales
Salary: Up to £120K OTE
💝 Values-driven culture
🌏 Third Year, Fully Paid Month-Long Sabbatical
🎓 Be Curious with your “Personal Curiosity” Budget
😁 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do
Our belief is that you can't change the world alone. When we first opened in 2014, our belief was (and still is) that it takes a village to build and scale your business. Since then we have successfully curated ecosystems from the ground up, supporting over 5,000 member businesses on their growth journey.
Huckletree provides a home for innovation in the UK and Ireland. Our spaces are themed by industry and sector, and provide the environment for teams to work, collaborate and build their next venture in private offices, shared workspaces and collaboration zones. From Govtech and VC to Saas and Digital Lifestyle, everything we do is about curation - getting the right mindsets, skills and people around a particular sector under the one roof.
We also work closely with our Huckletree members, to help them to skill up and get the edge through our education and accelerator programmes and of course by connecting in with our valuable investor, ambassador and talent networks.
The Co-working sector is seeing explosive growth in the UK, in part driven by the record $19.8bn venture capital funding for UK based startups between January and August 2021 alone. There's been an accompanying acceleration of the growth of these start-ups and scale-ups across the UK and Huckletree sit at the intersection of these trends supporting the growth journeys of 350 innovative, game changing businesses (and counting).
To capitalise on this shift, Huckletree has ambitious expansion plans and is looking for a Head of Sales to own the direction of our Hub (existing & new properties) Sales strategy. Reporting to our CCO Hugo Jenkins, we’ll need you to bring leadership, expertise and high energy to help the team thrive in the current market conditions and accelerate Huckletree’s growth.
Our Head of Sales should live and breathe an entrepreneurial mindset and be driven to get the best from our team, develop our sales talent, own the sales pipeline across the Huckletree Hub portfolio and oversee negotiations on seven figure LTV deals. Balancing these things should be a challenge that excites you!
We’re looking for someone who leads from the front with their approach and feels rewarded by building highly engaged sales teams that are professional, organised and killing it! It goes without saying that our HOS is passionate about the start-up/scale-up ecosystem.
Our ideal human is someone who is goal-orientated, loves to iterate on processes, geeks out on evolving the sales playbook, can deep dive into the numbers & sales intelligence, but is also energised by keeping a birds eye view at the same time. Someone that also enjoys collaborating with cross functional teams in marketing, operations and product to deliver your success.
You’ll find inspiration in joining a committed leadership team of successful entrepreneurs with a strong people-focused ethos and high levels of ambition.
The ultimate goal is to guide the Hub sales team to become best in class, devise the strategy that delivers you and their success and help Huckletree capture significantly more than our fair share of growth that is happening in the sector.
You will do this by:
- Be the product expert; understanding our hubs and our different packages like the back of your hand, and always suggesting improvements
- Balance our resource, focus and strategy across all of our Huckletree Hubs in London, Manchester and Dublin (with more to come!)
- Maximise conversion across our Hub product suite (membership, meeting room, event and day pass products)
- Coordinate and implement outbounding efforts which will generate leads from UK & Ireland’s innovation industry
Team and Stakeholder Management
- Lead and inspire our Hub sales team to be exceptionally motivated and ambitious high-performers
- Mentor, nurture and develop our growing team, whether they are an experienced Sales Manager or new Sales Associate to get the very best from all individuals
- Support the development of compelling objection handling, playbooks, key messaging and pitch documents
- Develop processes for the sales team and their interaction with other teams (especially our Community team) to ensure an exceptional end to end customer experience
Hub Growth Strategy & scalability
- Ensure all hub members are paying the right price to generate a good margin from our hub membership fees vs a dynamic cost base
- Lean heavily on data to inform strategy, and justify investment in growth initiatives and team resource
- Take overall strategic responsibility and be an escalation point for key member renewals across our hub portfolio
- Develop best in class reporting, dashboards and forecasting across our suite of tools including Hubspot and keep the business very well informed of performance, opportunities and risks
- Serve as the voice of the potential member base and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas of our product and sales process
What we need you to bring to help us achieve that
- Significant commercial experience inc 2+ years management experience
- Demonstrable evidence of developing and managing a sales team quota from strategy to execution to required outcomes
- Property industry, Co-working or fast-growth start-up experience beneficial
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Comfortable structuring, interpreting and manipulating complex data sets
- Experience in managing, monitoring and continually adapting a Sales CRM (we use Hubspot) and its outputs
- Thrive beating big, difficult targets and inspire your team to do the same
How will I know if I’m doing a good job?:
- You’ll consistently reach ambitious growth targets and complete sales objectives (under our OKR framework)
- You’ll sit atop a high-performance team of motivated and professional team members, with a great reputation across the business
- All key internal stakeholders will understand how our growth channels are performing, and the senior team will have a huge amount of trust for your expertise in our sales performance and forecasts
- You’ll own well structured and comprehensive documentation of the processes required to achieve your team’s success (stored in your teamspace in Notion)
- You’ll regularly contribute well thought out ideas and innovation to our membership and PAYG product suite, and roll out all innovations to market with aplomb, ensuring we are always ahead of the game
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box, but we realise that the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. If you’re excited about working with us and can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We also know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Huckletree. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.
You’ll have access to a wide range of perks aimed to support you in all areas of your life. These include:
- Be Curious with your “Personal Curiosity” Budget of £150pa.
- 22 days annual leave allowance which increases each full holiday calendar year worked +1 day (capped at 28 days) plus public holidays.
- +1 day off on your birthday
- +3/4 additional days off between after Boxing day and New Years in addition to your holiday entitlement
- Access to Private Health Insurance with Vitality (upon completion of probationary period)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity/ Adoption Leave policy
- Mental Health Day policy
- Compassionate Leave
- Third Year, Fully Paid Month-Long Sabbatical
- Professional Development
- Team Building Activities
- Bi-Annual, Full Company Socials