You will be a key part of Taptap Send’s business development team, involved end to end from brainstorming to country launch. You will be dedicated to helping launch the best markets, partners, and products for money transfer in the MENA region and beyond. Reporting to the Managing Director UAE, you’ll collaborate with key external stakeholders and lead the timeline to product launch. You’ll use your passion for getting things done in emerging markets, building close working relationships with every kind of individual and organization to scale Taptap Send from 18 recipient markets to even more.
The Ideal Candidate
You enjoy challenges, you love travel and adventure, and love to project manage. You feel comfortable in unfamiliar settings and enjoy working in a team environment to figure out the path to success. You are enthusiastic about working in the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing startup.
- Lead data-driven identification of customer cohorts, as well as payout corridors from the UAE
- Customer pain-point identification for potential product tailoring
- On-going industry benchmarking against competitor product offerings and pricing
- Support with community outreach and partnershipsTravel to markets to gain a deeper understanding
- Stay close to our customers as we develop new products and channels
- The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial and a generalist
- 3 - 4 years consulting experience with a top-tier consulting firm and/or tech start-up experience
- Exceptional project management, analytical, and research skills
- Exceptional communication (written, oral and PowerPoint) and interpersonal skills with the emotional maturity to handle delicate subjects that will arise in this role.
- Ability to translate and effectively communicate technical data to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently and juggle competing priorities, including across teams and with external partners
- Extreme ownership mindset with the ambition and resilience to win
- Strong interest in and aptitude for project management
- A desire for giving and receiving direct, candid feedback
- Fluency in English; Arabic is a big plus; South Asian languages also a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events
- Learning and Development budget for your professional development needs
- Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Work from home desk stipend
- Headspace Subscription
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.