upReach is seeking to hire a Programme and Partnerships Manager to work across our programmes in the East Midlands. This is an exciting opportunity to directly contribute to the growth of the charity by managing multiple partnership relationships, delivering our strategy for growth in the East Midlands and leading a team of Programme Coordinators to recruit and support Associates (the undergraduates we support) who are located in the region.
Programme and Partnerships Manager: This individual will play a pivotal role in delivering and growing our programmes supporting Associates from the East Midlands. As part of our Delivery team, they will manage our Associate Support Programmes within the East Midlands (including attraction of students in the region) and look to develop new partnerships to broaden Associate opportunities in the region.
They will manage a team of Programme Coordinators providing support to Associates located in the Midlands, and will also work directly with Associates themselves. They will work alongside the broader delivery leadership team to devise and deliver plans for upReach’s general Associate recruitment, programme delivery and team management. They will also work closely with the Head of Employer Partnerships and University Partnerships Manager on strategies to expand our partnerships within the region, and ensure that all partnerships within the East Midlands are managed effectively to encourage Associate opportunities in the region.
Role: Programme and Partnerships Manager
Hours: Full-time 40 hours per week, 9am - 6pm.
Start date: Beginning of January 2022
Salary: £26,500 to £33,500 pro rata per annum (based on experience)
Application deadline: 9am on Friday 3rd December
Early applications are encouraged, and we may appoint before the deadline.
Regional Partnership Growth
- Work with the Head of Employer Partnerships and the University Partnerships Manager to deliver our strategy for building partnerships in the East Midlands to provide a greater range of opportunities for our Associates.
- Identifying and developing opportunities in the East Midlands to build relationships with employers, universities and schools to support student attraction and provide a greater range of opportunities for our Associates.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing partners in the region, including managing quarterly/annual reporting requirements on stakeholder KPIs.
- Participate more broadly in the development and creation of resources and planning and delivery of events and opportunities relevant to the unique needs of Associates.
- Manage a team of Programme Coordinators in a variety of locations, providing weekly 1-to-1 support, reviews and personal development support.
- Ensure Programme Coordinators document all interactions with Associates and application progress.
- Support Programme Coordinators in their professional development, including objective setting, performance reviewing and appraisals
- Use relevant dashboards and data to set Programme Coordinator priorities.
- Manage Programme Coordinator progress to ensure that all stakeholder KPIs are achieved.
- Individual and small group work with Associates - coaching 50 Associates to take the day-to-day steps needed to realise their career potential, which might include career guidance, support with job applications and pastoral support via signposting.
This position would be suited to individuals who are committed to upReach’s mission and have an understanding of, and empathy with, the challenges facing those from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
To be successful you should have at least 2-3 years experience working in programme delivery, stakeholder management and leading small teams. You should be able to demonstrate a proven track record in building, developing and owning effective long-term relationships with new and existing partners, and in managing stakeholder relationships at all levels of seniority. The ideal candidate will be proactive, resilient and used to managing competing priorities within a varied workload. They should be flexible and willing to perform varying duties depending on the shifting needs of the charity.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and working independently to find solutions to problems.
- Ability to engage and flex communication style confidently with a variety of stakeholders, such as beneficiaries, upReach partners and all levels of employees across the organisation.
- Experience working directly with key stakeholders to manage and grow a relationship and/or partnership.
- Excellent influencing, facilitation and communication skills (both oral and written) and be comfortable preparing and presenting reports and proposals to senior management and external stakeholders.
- Line management or team leadership experience.
- Strong programme management and problem solving skills, in addition to superb organisational skills to manage a varied workload.
- Self-motivation and an ability to work in a small team as well as independently, with a creative and a proactive attitude.
- At least a Grade ‘B’ in Maths and English GCSE (if you have extenuating circumstances, let us know)*
- University degree (2:1 or higher)* in any discipline, or equivalent experience.
* The nature of the role requires a high standard of Maths and English, and the ability to quickly review a large amount of information and identify and communicate key themes clearly. Applicants may demonstrate this through the academic qualifications shown above and/or other relevant experience. As our beneficiaries are all undergraduates, a good understanding of the university experience is essential, although it is not necessary that this was acquired through personally gaining a degree.
- Experience identifying and pitching to potential partners
- Experience delivering all aspects of a programme end to end, from design to reporting and evaluation.
- Experience in marketing a programme or campaign.
- Familiarity with G Suite and Zoom video conferencing software.
Please email your CV and a covering letter (in PDF format) to Sam Gill at HumanResources@upReach.org.uk by 9am on Friday 3rd December. In your covering letter, please explain your motivation for applying to this role, and why you are interested in working at upReach, giving further details about your interest and ambitions.
Early applications are encouraged as we may interview and/or appoint before the closing date. If you have any questions about the role or application process, please reach out to Sam Gill at HumanResources@upReach.org.uk.
Please Note: upReach has a responsibility under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 to ensure that, at the time of starting their employment, successful candidates have permission to work in the UK. Unfortunately, upReach is unable to financially sponsor Visas or work permits.