Legatics is one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups transforming the $600bn market for legal services worldwide. Legatics is an end-to-end transaction management platform focused on efficiency and client experience, transforming traditional paper and email based legal processes into simple and highly automated software that frees lawyers from administrative tasks and improves profitability.
Our customers include some of the world’s top law firms, such as Allen & Overy, Hogan Lovells, Herbert Smith Freehills, Shearman & Sterling and King & Wood Mallesons. Legatics has been used globally on live transactions originating in more than 40 countries.
We are looking for someone to build out our finance function, playing a pivotal role in the company’s growth. The role will involve providing advice on financial strategy, spending rates and key financial decisions, as well as maintaining financial reporting functions. We would like you to become deeply ingrained in the business, using that understanding to help direct the financial future of the company.
The company currently has external accountants and a bookkeeper to support you in your role, alongside an operations team that currently conducts certain related functions such as billing. The role would report directly to the CEO and would require you to present confidently, when required, to the board of directors.
The company is currently working remotely, with specific teams attending offices in London around once or twice a week. We can also provide daily London office space if preferred. We expect to continue with a hybrid remote/in-person model.
What you would be doing
- Lead the build-out of our finance function, playing a pivotal role in the company's growth
- Manage our financial model
- Provide forward-looking strategic finance advice to the business and help inform key spending decisions
- Understand VC expectations and present clearly and confidently to the board
- Put in place strong financial controls
- Prepare key financial information and metrics
- Ensure our accountants and bookkeeper are working effectively
What we need from you
- At least 4 years’ experience in a relevant finance role
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualification
- A right to work in the UK (unfortunately, we are not in a position to support visa sponsorship at this stage)
- An ability to work from our London office up to two days per week
Who would you be working with?
Anthony Seale, CEO - who you will be reporting into, alongside a welcoming, inclusive and committed team.
Team culture is really important to us. We are looking for someone who is excited to join us as a key employee at this important stage in our growth and who will bring new and exciting perspectives to Legatics. We are a friendly and passionate bunch with a wide range of interests. We love to socialise together too, holding regular team events.
What we offer you:
- Salary of around £90,000 (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays);
- Pension with NEST;
- Personal Learning & Development budget;
- Mental health support for you and your family;
- Lots of opportunities for accelerated professional development and career progression;
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to grow one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups;
- A warm, genuinely collaborative culture and an awesome team; and
- Regular socials.
Power in diversity
We put users at the heart of our design to provide legal transaction experiences that everyone loves. In order to make that a reality, we seek to foster a diverse and inclusive working environment that can empower our people to be creative, effective and innovative, to build a brand we are proud of.
We don’t discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence. We're committed to building a diverse team and are constantly looking for ways to improve our processes to help us do that.