This role sits with The African Conservation & Communities Tourism Fund (the “ACCT Fund”), which is a part of ThirdWay’s asset management arm. The ACCT Fund is a response by The Nature Conservancy and ThirdWay to conservation threats resulting from COVID-19, with the specific aim of alleviating financial stress of well-managed sub-Saharan Africa based operators of camps and lodges. By providing funding at this crucial time, these businesses will be able to continue to support many thousands of jobs in rural areas and provide significant financial flows to conservation activity in some of Africa’s most biodiverse and ecologically important wildlife ecosystems.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Working closely with the ACCT Fund’s Portfolio Manager, the Investment Director North will be responsible for driving the investment process from start to finish, including but not limited to:
- 360 management of all stakeholders (ACCT team, operator management, law firm etc.)
- Overseeing due diligence on potential portfolio companies;
- Building the case for an investment by the ACCT Fund (financial and non-financial);
- Drafting and negotiating the Fund’s transaction documentation.
- Working together with the rest of the team to:
- Develop processes & procedures that allow the ACCT Fund to scale in coming years.
- Develop marketing materials for prospective investors & addressing investor due diligence requests;
- Passionate about conservation, nature, wildlife and community development
- 5 to 6 years of work experience in corporate finance, corporate development, strategy consulting or audit
- Pro-active and results driven (strong problem-solving skills)
- Persuasive communicator (verbal & written) with ability to build stakeholder buy-in
- Highly organised and able to move multiple projects forward at the same time
- Willingness to travel
Location: Sub-Saharan Africa with preference for Nairobi or Maputo.