About Be the Business
Led by Sir Charlie Mayfield Be the Business was launched in November 2017 with funding and support from the UK government and some of Britain’s leading companies. Be the Business exists to create a dynamic and competitive economy driven by higher levels of productivity. We work with the entire business community to learn from each other and to try new approaches to improve their productivity.
- Adoption of technology and improved leadership and management practices are proven drivers of productivity. These areas are where we focus.
- Our target market is small and mid-sized businesses (up to 250 employees). They account for two-thirds of all jobs in the UK but disproportionally are not as productive as they could be.
More details about Be the Business can be found on our website.
You will create productive relationships with networks and organisations representing minority-led businesses across the UK, establishing trust and creating opportunities for the provision of funded Be the Business programmes to a wider audience.
- Build and manage relationships with potential partner organisations to promote or help deliver Be the Business’ Strive UK programme of activity, which includes online content and tools, as well as person to person interactions.
- Be responsible for development and delivery of engagement plans for each partner, monitoring activity to ensure that we meet timelines, achieve in-year targets and deliver against budget.
- Work closely with donors and other strategic programme partners
- Engage with relevant Government stakeholders
Communications and External Relations
- Working with the Marketing and Communications team to help create and deliver compelling communications campaigns and strategies to engage our target customers
- Act as an ambassador for the Be the Business Strive programme via the media, events and engagement opportunities
- Work with colleagues to produce high quality content based on data and insights generated by the programme.
Coordination and Development
- Take responsibility for managing and reporting on partner and participant acquisition targets within the Strive programme
- Manage marketing budget for Strive programme
- Work closely with the programme delivery teams to provide a high-quality user experience to partners and end customers
* Please note this is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and may be revised from time to time as per business needs.
What we are looking for:
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to building networks and partnerships
- Focused on impact and delivery
- Comfortable dealing with a range of stakeholders including government, media, agencies
- Proven track record of working with a range of partners to deliver a product or service to underrepresented groups
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and as part of cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Alignment to BtB Values
What we’re offering you:
- A rewarding job with the opportunity to have your voice heard and really make a difference
- We're a mission-driven, entrepreneurial team, and we thrive on leading and driving projects that will positively impact UK businesses and the economy
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 30 days holiday, plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
- 35 hour working week
Please note this role is being offered on a fixed term contract until 30th September 2024.
Be the Business is committed to improving the diversity of British businesses and to leading from the front in its own attitude towards diversity and inclusion. It welcomes and encourages applications from a diverse range of candidates. For our full Diversity and Inclusion statement click here.
As part of our commitment we are using a recruitment system which supports unbiased hiring. To apply for this role you will be asked to answer two role related questions. Although the process may be slightly different, it won't take you too much time and will support us in our commitment to unbiased hiring.