We’re going through an exciting growth period enabling great businesses to succeed through equity crowdfunding, and as an IT Support Engineer at Crowdcube, you have the opportunity to make that an efficient experience for colleagues, entrepreneurs and investors alike. This position can be flexible remote but there will be a requirement for frequent travel to one of our offices (e.g. visit an office most weeks).
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What you will be doing:
Our aim as a company is to continue building our product and expand our share of the equity fundraising market. In IT, we’re ensuring that the security and operational elements of the IT estate are at a world-class standard. This means you will support and maintain the company’s IT Systems whilst looking at ways to continuously improve them.
Day to day you will:
- Responding to technical support calls from end users of computers and software applications
- Setting up and provisioning new computers and user accounts. Ensuring users know how to use the equipment that is supplied to them
- Installing and configuring operating systems, anti-virus software and other applications
- Diagnosing and fixing hardware and software faults
- Maintaining inventories of hardware and software
- Keeping a record of support requests along with solutions
- Document our IT Support procedures, and implement them across the organisation
- Stay up-to-date regarding new IT equipment, software, and solutions
Ideally you will have:
- Proven experience as an IT Support Engineer in a medium sized organisation
- Experience of working with a documented IT Support process. A basic understanding of ITIL would be an advantage
- Good documentation skills that can be applied to writing IT support policies for both technical and non-technical audience
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure AD and Google WorkSpace
- A background in supporting both Windows and Mac operating systems
And you are:
- An excellent communicator, who actively listens and shows empathy, with an ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Open-minded and comfortable coming up with new solutions
- Enthusiastic and positive, with a bias to action
- A team player! We're all in this together so be supportive and understanding
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £20-35k DOE
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.