About the role
We are looking for a Project Manager to join the Services team at Pro Bono Economics (PBE). This is an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to apply their skills and expertise to a range of interesting projects in the charity sector. The Project Manager will work directly with a wide variety of charities, economic experts and volunteers across the various service lines.
Post type: Full-time fixed-term (24 months).
Flexible arrangements will be considered
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
Main duties and tasks:
- Timely project management of advisory reports
- Planning and coordination of PBE’s Unlocking Impact workshops
- Coordination of the Data First Aid service, managing relationships with charities and volunteers
- Maintain structure and systems to ensure high quality and high value services
- Create and maintain project documentation
- Participation in continuous services improvement activities
- Assist with marketing and comms activities
- Perform additional duties as required to ensure the smooth running of the charity.
Pro Bono Economics (PBE) uses economics to empower the social sector and to increase wellbeing across the UK. We combine project work for different charities and social enterprises with policy research that can drive systemic change.
We have worked with over 500 charities since our inception in 2009. Working with our network of both experienced consultant economists and economist volunteers from across the private, public and third sectors, we help charities and social enterprises appreciate their economic and social impact and so improve their overall effectiveness.
The core deliverables of the services team are impact measurement and evaluations, considered through an economic lens. We work with charities right through their impact measurement lifecycle by:
- Helping them to develop a clear logic model for how their activities link to the outcomes they want to see and identify what data they need to capture, as well as what publicly available data sources they can draw on.
- Providing analytical support to allow charities to make statements such as ‘for every £1 invested in our work, we deliver £x of benefits to wider society’ and/or demonstrate their value in wellbeing terms. Organisations have used the findings from our evaluations to support campaigning, fundraising and to improve service delivery.
We have embarked on an exciting new phase of our development, adding a dedicated in-house research and policy function to supplement our charity projects with ‘macro’ insights into the value and the potential of civil society in the 2020s. Armed with fresh content, we want to play an enhanced role in actively shaping the policy debate in the UK.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with great project management skills and experience working in a service delivery role. This Project Manager will have a passion for delivery excellence and be excited by the prospect of working in a growing charity. The Project Manager will thrive on working in a team environment and putting their skills to good use to achieve the goals of projects and other services.
Ideal characteristics include:
- An eye for detail and a strong dedication to quality
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Proven ability to work independently and manage priorities, deadlines and projects that may involve multiple contributors
- Great problem-solving skills
- A commitment to PBE’s focus on using economics to drive wellbeing improvements in the UK
Desirable characteristics include:
- Experience working with CRM systems; and
- Knowledge of/experience in the voluntary sector