Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article.
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Co-ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
We are looking for an insight driving analytical powerhouse to help us in our next phase of growth. If your passion is wrangling data sets, generating insights, pursuing complex cross-functional problems and influencing decisions made across the business, then this is the role for you! No challenge is too small -- or too large!
You’ll enjoy working with and communicating results to a range of partners. You’ll report into the Finance & Analytics Director, work closely with the Analytics team, and provide support across the organization, bringing a data and analytics focused perspective to all our key decisions.
- Support on our internal analytics -- You’ll support on day-to-day analytics in the business, working on both regular and ad hoc data analysis, identifying areas for analytics improvements and helping teams understand drivers and assess performance as we scale
- Work collaboratively -- You’ll work across the growth, customer services, business development and fraud teams to produce reporting and analysis answering key business questions
- Be a key partner in ensuring Taptap Send is data-centric -- You’ll develop best practices and processes around data management, data requests, and prioritization. You will work with operating and engineering teams to ensure we capture the right data and use the right tools as we continue to scale
- 2-3 years of data analytics experience in a consulting or in-house (preferably start-up) role
- Strong SQL skills, and able to handle large & complex data structures from multiple sources, required
- Experience structuring, solving and presenting sophisticated problems to senior management
- A passion for using data and visualizations to tell stories and answer difficult questions
- Experience building dashboards with business intelligence tools, such as Looker, Tableau or Mode
- Ability to work independently and balance priorities
- ‘No task too small’ mentality
- Right to work in the UK or Belgium
- Competitive salary 25 days, public holidays + Pipio day!
- Flexible hoursEmployer pension contributions
- Private health insurance
- Headspace Subscription
- Work from home desk stipend
- Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Regular team events
- Learning and Development budget for your professional development needs
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.