A different sort of company
Ninety Consulting is an established boutique insurance innovation specialist, working with large global insurance brands, and competing successfully with Big 4 consultancies. We are motivated by a desire to use our profits to play a big part in addressing causes of poverty in third world countries.
Ninety Consulting is a wholly owned subsidiary of a registered social enterprise, Ninety CIC, and 90% of our distributable profit goes to such causes, with the other 10% being shared amongst staff as a profit share. Our vision is to give £1bn to social causes over a 30-year timeframe. Buy-in to our vision and cause is an important part of feeling part of the team at Ninety.
We are looking for a Training Specialist to work on a range of exciting innovation training initiatives for national, regional, and global clients. Line managed by the Training Lead, the role here will be responsible for helping design and then delivering the agreed training programmes, using the training content Ninety already offers, as well as developing new ones as required. You will be working within a dedicated training team on a range of training activities. Depending on the specific training need, the approach will assemble the appropriate training elements and then deliver this to the client. The role will specifically be responsible for ensuring efficient and high-quality delivery of our innovation training programmes and for taking on important tasks in developing training engagements and other services, including developing new training propositions.
We are looking for someone who is eager to get their sleeves rolled up, willing to be involved across the design, development and delivery of our training offering with clients. You must have a strong innovation and/or training record. The role is likely to suit people with agency or consulting backgrounds or those with client-side experience. The philosophy of Ninety’s training is based around creating an atmosphere which is highly collaborative and engaging and being able to embrace this ethos is essential.
We are a business with large ambitions and a strong and active growth plan, who are intentionally setting about building for scale with strong colleagues on board. Your career path at Ninety can be exciting and varied, with the growing business offering opportunities for role expansion and promotion for deserving candidates.
Purpose of role
To carry out key activities related to Ninety’s innovation training offering across design, development, and delivery for clients under guidance and leadership from Ninety’s Training Lead. To bill a minimum of 50% of time on training delivery.
- Training Development
- Supporting the iteration and ongoing development of Ninety’s training offering and sales materials. Maintaining an innovation-centred approach to training development. Supporting the Training Lead and Client Partner in introducing clients to Ninety’s training offering. Identifying opportunities for further training services to grow the training relationship with clients and referrals to consulting opportunities.
- Training Delivery
Delivering high-quality, enthusiastic and impactful training using Ninety’s training methodology. Master the training materials and case studies to bring the content to life. Ensuring clients are engaged and highly satisfied and addressing issues, where appropriate, during or following any training engagement. Supporting innovation culture through the way training is delivered and interactions with clients. Reporting new approaches, improvements, and feedback to the Training Lead.
Collaborating well with your teammates and being efficient in delivery. Handling miscellaneous other tasks as agreed with the Training Lead and other Ninety senior leaders. Managing other members of the team where required. Working with colleagues to develop and refine our approaches while expanding your own knowledge and skills.
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on innovation and/or training experience, or equivalent
- Strong, clear, broad and impressive evidence of involvement in innovation and/or training initiatives. We are looking for a background such as:
• Innovation consulting or value proposition development
• Training development and delivery in a service-based environment
• L&D or talent management
- We will be looking for clear evidence of your thinking and successes in:
• Innovation test & learn methods, lean start-up approaches, iterative methods
• Customer co-design, design thinking, customer research & participation
• Agile collaboration and use of digital collaboration toolsets like Slack, Miro, etc.
- Evidence of Virtual Facilitation skills
- Evidence of information security sensitivity and data protection awareness and broad understanding of regulatory implications (esp. FCA).
- Understanding and interest in the insurance industry (desirable)
Desirable personal attributes
- A passionate and enthusiastic trainer with an innovative mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit who has a passion for talent development and growth
- Knowledgeable about service industries
- Brings their personality to Business Development
- Builds quick relationships with clients and potential clients
- Good networker and connecter
- Great storyteller, can bring scenarios to life through case studies
- Able to work with colleagues to brief on opportunities and develop out proposals
- Understands how to draw out client’s requirements
- Strong references: from previous employers, but also (where applicable) from previous clients. We’ll be looking for signs of performance and excellence, but also for evidence of character, integrity, and ethics.
- Ethics, fairness, and integrity, all of which are very important at Ninety, and will need to be evidenced.
- Diplomacy, attention to detail, good numerical, organisational and time management skills and a genuine interest in business, plus excellent MS Office, interpersonal, team working and written/verbal communication skills.
- Alignment to our social vision, with a demonstrable willingness to put personal legacy alongside personal ambition
What we offer
Salary: Competitive salary, depending on experience, plus package benefits including pension, life and health insurance, great work-life balance with a 4-day working week plus a share of 10% profit.
Location: The role is home based in the UK with visits to London or South-East for team collaboration and the potential for meeting clients if required.
Basis of employment: Permanent full-time (4-day working week, Monday to Thursday).
Reports to: Training Lead whose role is to oversee Ninety’s training engagements.
Hiring process: We will hold initial telephone interviews, then invite a handful of candidates to a formal interview. Those who seem to fit best at formal interview will be invited to a final stage interview. References will be taken up. We are a fast-growing business that is looking for the right people to build for longevity. Please include a Covering Letter (max 1 page) and CV with your application.