Reports to: CEO
Salary: circa £45k, dependant on experience (4-8+ years)
Carbon13 (www.carbonthirteen.com) is the venture builder for the climate emergency, fostering commercial, scalable ventures which can reduce CO2e emissions by tens of millions of tonnes per year. We aim to support over 1000 entrepreneurs over five years through the seven month venture builder programme.
We provide founders with tools, networks and base funding, preparing them for seed investment through our online and offline programmes. We bring together funders (foundations, impact and VC investors, governments, corporates), sparring partners & subject matter specialists, Universities, implementation partners and others who can make a difference to the innovators we foster.
The development of ways to deal with climate change is both a matter of humanity's survival and one of the most far-reaching economic opportunities of the next century.
The Marketing Manager will work within the Marketing Team to deliver all aspects of marketing Carbon13, particularly marketing the venture builder programme.
The role holder will work with one other marketing manager in the marketing team on the overall day to day practicalities of executing the marketing strategy.
The marketing strategy is principally targeted at potential applicants to the venture builder programme. It is currently developed across multiple channels including email, social media, PPC and Carbon13’s website. While the role holder will work across all the marketing strategy, they will lead on partnerships for talent, direct sourcing of talent, events and webinars. The role also requires marketing funnel management and some applicant pipeline management. The role holder will collaborate with the team on the creation and optimisation of the marketing strategy for the venture builder.
The main responsibilities of the role fall into the categories of partnerships, events, and talent. Specific tasks include:
- Building a network of organisations and influential individuals and forming partnerships which can contribute applicants
- Designing and executing activities to increase word of mouth referrals to the programme, including developing a scouting programme
- Networking and sourcing exceptional candidates directly
- Organising marketing webinars and events both off and online
- Content marketing and copywriting, including for website and email
- Metric reporting and analysis of marketing activities
- Managing social media channels and running campaigns
- Such other tasks as are commensurate with the position
Essential skills and experience
An ideal candidate should have between 4 and 8+ years of experience. For the right candidate, this is a position with room to grow.
- Be an excellent copywriter with at least 4 years’ experience copywriting, across email, social media, digital ad copy, website and/or similar
- Have good people skills, and be confident building and managing relationships with people on and offline. For example, confidence built from 4+ years of experience in business development, partnerships, recruitment, account management, or client management or similar
- Either have experience working with tools such as CRMs (e.g. Hubspot), Survey Monkey Apply, basic design editors, Excel et al, or be proactively willing to learn new tools;
- Be able to analyse marketing data and write reports
- Able to work closely in a duo or small team
- Be conscientious and detail-focused
- Proven experience rolling ones sleeves up
- Be passionate about entrepreneurial innovation, and about Carbon13’s mission of reducing GHG emissions by millions of tonnes
- Already have a network in, or deep familiarity with, either the world of Net Zero or technology entrepreneurship
- Have a good understanding of growth marketing principles
- Have some design skills, particularly regarding social media content
- Have some familiarity with PPC marketing such as Google Ads or LinkedIn
- Be proactive and enjoy working independently, and as part of the small team of Carbon13, and enjoy working in entrepreneurial environments
Carbon13 is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by UK law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Carbon13 makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Click 'apply for this job' to send us your CV and cover letter.